436HP DMR upgrade - Online Email Support horrible/non-existant

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9upc

Greetings -

I tried to email Uniden customer/technical support via their website and have not received a response in over 3 weeks. (I know the whole COVID-19 thing put a grinding halt to things but really...)

What I am trying to find out is about the DMR upgrade and the battery issue. I have two of the first gen released 436 HP's and they have proven me well. However, if I do the DMR upgrade and THEN send it in for the battery fix do I risk loosing anything or loosing the upgrade?

Thanks in advance and maybe someone at Uniden will see this also (I know, I know, a long shot but makes me want to go to Whistler).

phask

Premium Subscriber
No , if you do lose it, they will re-issue a key.
From what I hear they are still running with limited employees.

dougjgray

I am glad you brought that, I just got my 436 back from repair for the clock repair a month ago and the upgrade was gone. I was able to re enter the key from my.uniden.com and all is well.. i have been mostly using my 200 and didnt notice lol

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The repair for the RTC battery (and display) for the 436HP involves replacing the main circuit board in the scanner. UPMan once noted that if the board was replaced, the repair crew would flash the scanner,so that it retained the original ESN. So, while you would have to re-enter the keys for your purchased upgrades (DMR, NXDN, or ProVoice), you would not actually lose the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.