BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436HP Earphone 3.5 mm MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am asking another question about this radio. Is it possible to run a 3.5 mm male-to-male mono/stereo cord from the MP3 input on my Kenwood Stereo? I suppose this is not considered passive, I don't really know. I also thought of using an amplified speaker or DSP.

Feedback?

SCPD

QRT
Yes!

I am asking another question about this radio. Is it possible to run a 3.5 mm male-to-male mono/stereo cord from the MP3 input on my Kenwood Stereo? I suppose this is not considered passive, I don't really know. I also thought of using an amplified speaker or DSP.

Feedback?

Yes but keep the audio on yer scanner as low as possible to avoid damaging the input of your nice car stereo ,keep it on 3 or 4 the setting.
keep the audio cable away from power wires to avoid alternator whine or "audible tachometer"

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Roger 10-4

Yes but keep the audio on yer scanner as low as possible to avoid damaging the input of your nice car stereo ,keep it on 3 or 4 the setting.
keep the audio cable away from power wires to avoid alternator whine or "audible tachometer"

I greatly appreciate the speedy reply. I suppose this would constitute a "passive" setup, right? I mean the signal coming out of the radio is not amplified. Or, is it?

What about DSP speakers?

SCPD

QRT
scan

I greatly appreciate the speedy reply. I suppose this would constitute a "passive" setup, right? I mean the signal coming out of the radio is not amplified. Or, is it?

What about DSP speakers?

it is somewhat amplified thats why I said keep the volume at a low level to try and "recreate" a small signal into the car stereo's input. As far as speakers ,if you are using them indoors,then get some nice amplified ones like for a computer.If you experience one speaker only then you need a 3.5mm stereo to mono adapter,I dont say buy it right off the bat cause I use it with stereo and I didnt need the adapter

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Speaker

it is somewhat amplified thats why I said keep the volume at a low level to try and "recreate" a small signal into the car stereo's input. As far as speakers ,if you are using them indoors,then get some nice amplified ones like for a computer.If you experience one speaker only then you need a 3.5mm stereo to mono adapter,I dont say buy it right off the bat cause I use it with stereo and I didnt need the adapter

I've been looking at that Uniden external speaker. It looks to be very well-made. Of course, I was also considering a DSP speaker as well, but these are a bit pricey.

SCPD

QRT
nah

I've been looking at that Uniden external speaker. It looks to be very well-made. Of course, I was also considering a DSP speaker as well, but these are a bit pricey.

dont waste yer money on special speakers,a radio shack special is good enough Radio Shack Amplified Communications Extension Speaker 21 541A | eBay RadioShack 21 541A 8 Ohm 8 Watt Amplified Communications Extension Speaker 1 | eBay These require a 12 volt power supply OR 12 volt wall wart at 2 amps

Status
Not open for further replies.