436hp & GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Is anyone using the 436hp with GPS?

I have the346xt and 396xt and will be picking up a 996xt for the truck ... but am really intrigued by the 436hp GPS option (not looking at the 536hp for various reasons). If you've used it I'd love to hear your insights.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up a uniden gps for mine. I plan to try it out on a trip to WV this weekend. I'll post some thoughts after I get back.

TedRHayes

I recently took a 2600 mile cross country trip (Ohio to Texas and back) using my BCD436HP with a GPS and it worked great. I've previously traveled with the HomePatrol-1 with a GPS; it too performed well.

I highly recommend the GPS with the HP scanners.

kellykeeton

I can highly recommended it.. Not having been a HP-1 Owner this was my first use of a newer scanner with GPS (newer = fully programmed database ones)

I drove the length of my state last night and the scanner perfectly tracked. It was actually awesome. The radio was also very easy to use while driving. I personally can give it a huge thumbs up.

I specifically put it to tracking only police disp. I also locked out things like "state emergency and DOD etc blah blah that I know are encrypted 99% of the time or just have dead air" it made my drive highly enjoyable to not have to mess with the scanner in anyway, just set it and forget it.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Just got back from WV. 633 miles round trip (long day) and the 436 with the gps was awesome. I set the 436 to scan the entire database, pluged in the gps, and it was off and running. The only other things I can say is the gps was worth the money.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Thanks for the insights folks! Sounds like the 436hp with GPS are worth it ... and I foresee one appearing in my truck in June :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.