BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436HP Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3nt4g0n

Premium Subscriber
Couldn't find a list of the limits like I could for the 396xt. Example, the 396xt had a limit of 500 channels per system, just curious about the 436hp

wise871

Database Admin
Technically there isn't a limit since it uses a different architect. I believe it has a limitation of 256 favorites list you can add. I have one system with 600+ talk groups.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There are no limits in the sense that you're used to. It has the entire US & Canada RadioReference DB on board, so if the system is in the DB, it's within the radio's "limits". Take a look at something stupidly huge like Michigan's statewide trunk system, for example. IIRC that has several thousand TGs.

Like wise871 says, there is a limit on the number of favorites lists you can have, and also, each favorites list is limited to 1 MB in size. Realistically, you shouldn't be hitting either of those limits, because favorites lists can have a nearly infinite number of systems within them, so there's no need to have a huge number of favorites lists. As for the size, the entire CAN&US DB takes up around 40 MB of space on the SD card. The largest file for a single state (the whole thing, including all trunk systems, all county freqs, etc etc etc) is a little over 800 KB, or 0.8 MB. So you'd have to duplicate more than an entire state of data to overload a favorites list.

freqhopping

Easy to overload a favorites list if you have more than one system and program all of a system's radio IDs. I have one FL with one system that is 956kb.

So I've created separate FLs for my county, the neighboring one and the state system since they are the most listened to and I have loads of radio IDs for them. Others FLs have multiple systems.

davef3138

Feed Provider
freqhopping: I too ran into the 1MB limit, with Minnesota's ARMER system.

I noticed that I couldn't load more than ~10,000 radio IDs into the system, excess ones would be missing when I pasted the data. The system also has several thousand talkgroups and 300+ sites defined.

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.