436HP Lost Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyiv

Feed Provider
I was sitting in my office with my 436 plugged into the computer so I didn't use up my batteries and I noticed that I haven't heard anything in a little while. It is on and receiving signal and displaying TG but I am not hearing anything not even key beeps or start up tones.

I have tried pulling the batteries for a couple minutes and erasing the user data and rewriting it. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can try or if I need to send it back to Uniden.

Headphones work just not Speaker.

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I was sitting in my office with my 436 plugged into the computer so I didn't use up my batteries and I noticed that I haven't heard anything in a little while. It is on and receiving signal and displaying TG but I am not hearing anything not even key beeps or start up tones.

I have tried pulling the batteries for a couple minutes and erasing the user data and rewriting it. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can try or if I need to send it back to Uniden.

Headphones work just not Speaker.

Have you used the headphone jack a lot?

Sometimes they will malfunction and prevent the connection to the speaker to engage after you unplug the headphones.

Of course, the speaker or connections to the speaker could be the problem.

If the 436 is like 536 the amplifier for the headphones is different from the amplifier for the internal speaker, so it could be bad too.

Except for the headphone jack malfunction it would probably be best to send it in for repair to Uniden.

guyiv

Feed Provider
This the firs time I have used the headphone jack. I only used it to see if it worked.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
This the firs time I have used the headphone jack. I only used it to see if it worked.

I would guess that you will need to send it to Uniden for repair. A few others I believe have reported loss of sound from their speakers too, but some defects are to be expected.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I've had that happen on previous model scanners a couple of times, just as N0UDG described.

On one of the headphone problems, I was able to connect and disconnect the headphone a number of times and the problem went away after it connected and disconnected the jack contacts. On the other radio I had to return it for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.