436HP Search defaults & global changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I wondered why my new 436HP refused to scan Business trunked systems: Search was set to OFF and Select Service Types had Business (and most other services) turned OFF. Problem solved, but with a lot of work.:eek:

Is there a way to make Search=ON the default or apply it to all systems?
Is there a way to turn Search=ON in Sentinel?
Is there a way to turn Search=ON for the Full Database?

While I didn't buy this scanner for the HomePatrol functions, it was nice to take it out of the box, type in my zip code, and hear (some) local systems before I learned anything about programming the scanner!

I hope Analyze will be functional soon. That was something I DID buy the scanner for.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You can use Search and Scan to scan limits, ID Search by pressing Hold <channel>, Func+E, to switch to ID Search on the trunked system you held on.

To Select Service types press Menu, "Select Service Types" Set on/off, or do this from the Sentinel Profile.

The full dB is protected so you can copy from it to make favorites. You make your changes to your favorites for search/scan.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
You can use Search and Scan to scan limits, ID Search by pressing Hold <channel>, Func+E, to switch to ID Search on the trunked system you held on.

To Select Service types press Menu, "Select Service Types" Set on/off, or do this from the Sentinel Profile.

The full dB is protected so you can copy from it to make favorites. You make your changes to your favorites for search/scan.

Thanks, but I'm hoping for something that doesn't require making the change individually in every system. I feared this radio would be a HomePatrol with some options for the serious scannist (rather than the other way around), and that seems to be the case. This doesn't promote the discovery of new TGs.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There is also the discovery mode for conventional limit search and trunked search. Also, quick search from the keypad. Hold, enter the frequency, quick frequency save yes/no, save to favorite yes/no, hold/resume to hold on the search frequency, or resume to quick search.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Once the analyze mode is released, you'll also have the features from the HP-1 Extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.