436HP Trunking Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

allclear

Hi everyone

I would like some assistance in programming my 436hp for trunking. With previous Uniden scanners I could use the CC only feature but as your probably aware the 436hp lacks this.

I am wanting to monitor these control channels GWN (Government Wireless Network) Trunking System, Statewide, Queensland - Scanner Frequencies

I have tried programming the control channels as "sites" but this is time consuming and in scan mode it is extremely slow when scanning for talk groups.

My question is, what is the best way to scan for talk groups in the above control channels (follow link).

Thanks guys

Brian

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All current models always use CC only for scanning trunked systems. Thus, there is no option to turn on or off.

I'd recommend you program the location of each site, along with the frequencies for the sites. Then, set your location (you can directly enter the latitude / longitude...if you do so, I'd recommend you then save the location for quick recall). By using location control, the scanner will only monitor the nearby sites.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For Motorola and APCO Project 25 Phase 2 systems, you only need to include the control channels (but including the other channels does not hurt anything, and might help if a site switches the control channel to one of the other frequencies that has not been flagged as an alternate in the database).

allclear

All current models always use CC only for scanning trunked systems. Thus, there is no option to turn on or off.

Thank you for your reply. So instead of programming 30+ individual sites, can I perform a custom search between 420-430MHz and have the scanner only stop on talk groups?

Or, create a new department will all the frequencies between 420-430MHz and just hit scan and have the scanner only stop on talk groups?

Brian

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No. You need to program each site that you want to receive (i.e. don't include distant sites or sites that don't carry the channel traffic you are interested in), including at least the primary and alternate control channels for each site (but I would just program all site frequencies, to be safe).

Into departments you would program the channels (i.e. TGIDs) you are interested in receiving.

allclear

No. You need to program each site that you want to receive (i.e. don't include distant sites or sites that don't carry the channel traffic you are interested in), including at least the primary and alternate control channels for each site (but I would just program all site frequencies, to be safe).

Into departments you would program the channels (i.e. TGIDs) you are interested in receiving.

Okay, I have programmed 30+ sites into a new P25 trunk system and it scans and stops on TGIDs but the scan speed is very very slow. Is this normal behavior?

Brian.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Trunked system scanning is not like frequency channel scanning. For each receivable control channel, the scanner must sit on the control channel long enough to see every channel grant/update that is coming across in the data. This takes 1.5-2 seconds. If you are scanning 30 different receivable control channels, then it will take up to a minute to complete scan all sites.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Amd begs the question " Can you even receive 30+ sites"?

Just program those that you need.

Okay, I have programmed 30+ sites into a new P25 trunk system and it scans and stops on TGIDs but the scan speed is very very slow. Is this normal behavior?

Brian.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's nothing wrong with programming 30+ sites, as long as you enable Location Control, and input the GPS coordinaes for each site.

phask

Premium Subscriber
True - but again Why? Unless you are using it mobile and either change location via input or use GPS.

The OP - obviously did neither.

There's nothing wrong with programming 30+ sites, as long as you enable Location Control, and input the GPS coordinaes for each site.

Status
Not open for further replies.