44.080 (225.7) Strange Phone Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I just had an odd conversation fade in on 44.080 with a PL tone of 225.7. It was two guys having a radio telephone conversation. You could hear the VOX break as each side spoke. They were rather funny and sounded like the Jerkey Boys. They were complaining about some guy (plenty of 4 letter words) and how he was dicking around and was going to throw something in the lake.

The database shows an entry for a business in WV but it sounded more like fishermen.

Well... now some guy is checking voicemail. At first I thought it was cordless but the freqs don't add up. Plus I still hear that repeater / phone patch type sound as he hits DTMF buttons.

Anyone else catch it?

mancow

Database Admin
It's definitely some sort of long range radio phone patch thing. The accents sure sound stereotypically Canadian too. It's a real riot with continuous phone patches to different people. It reminds me of the good old Inmarsat A. It's a real riot.

mancow

Database Admin
They are back at it. This time it's a gf or wife and some sleepy sounding guy. Lots of F bombs being dropped again. 107.2 pl tone on this one.

KF4ZTO

Wouldn't surprise me if its coming from Canadian fisheries, I've heard phone patches in the 30 and 31 MHz band that were most certainly Canadian, sometimes with voice inversion.

However, there are a good number of US licenses showing up for 44.080. It's certainly worth more listening!

KF4ZTO

Maybe one of our Canadian RR friends could point you in the right direction, I can't seem to find a good listing for what they actually use lowband for.

VHF-low bandplans from Europe

According to that, 44.08 is "Mobile/Fixed" which doesn't really help, however, a search on here (Single Frequency Search | Spectrum Direct | Industry Canada) produces one result:

Tx Frequency (MHz) Rx Frequency (MHz) Station Location Licensee Name
44.080000 46.160000 CARTIER TOWNSHIP, ONTARIO FALCON COMMUNICATIONS LTD

KF4ZTO

its used with that pl in deep creek lake,md/wv

What is it used for, do you know? I've done a fair amount of scanning at Deep Creek Lake and haven't heard anything on 44 MHz before...

Status
Not open for further replies.