443.425 Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommypickles

Was picking up a repeater this afternoon on 443.425
The amateurs were all 3 area call signs.
Could not get a pl tone
Was using an ICOM 910 with 4.5 db gain on a two story roof (25 feet)
Location Dwight Ill.
Does anyone know what repeater this may have been.
Used a steam whistle for the roger beep/courtesy tone.
Thanks

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
You should note that if a repeater is connected to INTERNET, the repeater can repeat stations via the INTERNET from anywhere INTERNET can reach it. A local Yaesu repeater here in Virginia is on Wires-X in FM (not digital)and sits on an INTERNET "room" where it often will have California stations. So the repeater you here is likely a "local" one to you. there is a repeater in Aurora on that frequency and I would bet on it.

tommypickles

I have thought of that.
I am pretty sure I heard it id with a 3 area call, but at an S 1 the Signal to Noise was not that great.
I looked in the IRA directory and did not find any repeaters in Illinois on that pair, but then again the 147.075 machine I hear from the Aurora is not listed either.
The steam whistle courtesy tone was very different.
Thanks for the feed back.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
W9LSL - 443.425 MHz (Aurora, Illinois) Courtesy of the IRA Repeater Directory Listing
No PL tone is listed for this repeater pair, but it is listed as DMR. Perhaps they set it for mixed mode? Unknown if they use a whistle for a courtesy tone. There's also two repeaters on 443.425 in Indianapolis and South Bend Indiana, but I'd venture Aurora is what you heard, or an uncoordinated repeater on the same pair.

Just an FYI, sometimes I hear a UHF repeater that is over 100 miles away. Neither of us are over 500' ASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.