45.52 Radio Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEK1213

Approximately 1030 AM this morning I just north of Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire and heard a loud and clear radio test on 45.52. The female radio operator was requesting a radio check with the national weather service. I finally locked onto the frequency and the tone was 110.9. She signed of with the letters VEM which could be Vermont Emergency Management. I noticed there is a 300 watt transmitter on Burke Mountain, but receiving a FM radio transmitter from Burke where I was is very weak. Can't say I've ever heard any radio traffic on 45.52 in over 40 years.

ecps92

Yes it is Vermont EMA - multiple sites all with 110.9

Wonder if you found a
a. Friday Roll Call
b. 1st Friday Roll Call
c. Guess what you might be doing next Friday between 10a-11a :)

Years ago they also used 118.8 as a link between VT and MA [Nuclear Evacuation Zone]

Approximately 1030 AM this morning I just north of Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire and heard a loud and clear radio test on 45.52. The female radio operator was requesting a radio check with the national weather service. I finally locked onto the frequency and the tone was 110.9. She signed of with the letters VEM which could be Vermont Emergency Management. I noticed there is a 300 watt transmitter on Burke Mountain, but receiving a FM radio transmitter from Burke where I was is very weak. Can't say I've ever heard any radio traffic on 45.52 in over 40 years.

mfdbenji

Premium Subscriber
In Rutland, off the Killington repeater VEM also does a daily weekday check with VELCO, in addition to the NWS I hear from time to time. Not sure if its weekly, I will pay closer attention.

ecps92

According to the FCC these are Base Stations [FB] not Repeaters, are you hearing a Repeater ??
In Rutland, off the Killington repeater VEM also does a daily weekday check with VELCO, in addition to the NWS I hear from time to time. Not sure if its weekly, I will pay closer attention.

CYUL

Premium Subscriber

Is this also on 45.52 MHz ?

ecps92

Console or Console Patches
VT EMA from their console can select any of the sites across the state.

and the only other VT Low band is 42.2600 and old VTSP channel
Hearing both sides of the conversation. I would assume VEM is coming from Waterbury, and I am in Rutland.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Just curious. Any updates on this? I’m in upstate NY (near Albany) and would like to see if I might hear this. So... Thursday? Like 10:30am?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.