450.2875 - what am picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtp

while traveling around town and is the next county i have heard FM radio stations using these frequencies.
without listening to the broadcast i have picked up books for the kids and a led zeppelin CD for myself.
"the next person that comes up and says i listen to XX radio i have a___"
i would send the kids to get stuff, 5 kids finally came in hand.
it has been about 15 years, but i still try and listen.

dragon48

Has been an open channel (hope I'm using the correct term - I mean to say one party has the transmit button on, but isn't transmitting anything) for the last 5 minutes, with some intermittent clicking, as if somebody is accidentally hitting something with the microphone. I then heard what appeared to be a brief morse code message. Trying to catch a sound clip now, if something comes up again.

dragon48

OK - so now, I'm getting audio from the local CBS TV station. I hear dialogue from "NCIS New Orleans," but it is not in sync with what is airing live. Just before, I heard a number of TV commercials and a promo for the CBS 11:00 P.M. news. Now, I see what is going on with the timing. The audio on 450.2875 comes in a minute or so before the exact audio comes in on TV.

Do this post shed light on the true nature of the frequency?

ecps92

Sure seems to be an IFB then

OK - so now, I'm getting audio from the local CBS TV station. I hear dialogue from "NCIS New Orleans," but it is not in sync with what is airing live. Just before, I heard a number of TV commercials and a promo for the CBS 11:00 P.M. news. Now, I see what is going on with the timing. The audio on 450.2875 comes in a minute or so before the exact audio comes in on TV.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

When watching the channel, are you watching over the air, or via cable/satellite?

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
TQUOTE="IC-R20, post: 3206660, member: 1219768"]
I have a 10 watt IFB transmitter I bought used. I feed the audio from my HF transmitter into it so I can listen to the weaker signal broadcasts while out and about town.
[/QUOT don't you need a

license for 450 and 455?

dragon48

When watching the channel, are you watching over the air, or via cable/satellite?

Actually, I was watching the show on my laptop (on my home WIFI), while signed into my Cable TV provider.

I left out something very important yesterday: The first batch of commercials that I heard on the radio, weren't flowing correctly. Occasionally, one would end abruptly and another would start a drop after the beginning. It appeared to be some kind of test feed, where the producers cared less about congruity than on a production run.

Status
Not open for further replies.