451.1000Mhz P25 traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Heard some P25 traffic while on a highspot north of Mississauga, Ontario on 451.1000Mhz.

The conversation wasn't long enough to tell what sort of business was being conducted but the accents sounded New Yorkish.

I checked the Canadian equivalent of the FCC website and came up blank. The frequency is licenced in New York state to what looks like Utility companies.

National Grid USA is the predominant licencee around Buffalo while Rochester Gas & Electric is probably closer across the lake.

I checked the database but didn't find anything.

Can anybody confirm?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Frequency

Mike_Oxlong said:
Heard some P25 traffic while on a highspot north of Mississauga, Ontario on 451.1000Mhz.

The conversation wasn't long enough to tell what sort of business was being conducted but the accents sounded New Yorkish.

I checked the Canadian equivalent of the FCC website and came up blank. The frequency is licenced in New York state to what looks like Utility companies.

National Grid USA is the predominant licencee around Buffalo while Rochester Gas & Electric is probably closer across the lake.

I checked the database but didn't find anything.

Can anybody confirm?

451.1000 HYDRO NATIONAL GRID (P25) Buffalo NY
Steve

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I bet you got some pretty some pretty good ears to pick out New York accent from P25 audio! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.