452.300 - Unknown Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

Was doing a service band scan tonight on my scanner and I came across 452.3. Investigating it further with my SDR it appears to occasionally have traffic but most of the time you will only hear a quick transmission every 5-8 seconds. I am not able to get a PL Tone. Checking RR I came across a few different licenses in the area. (Click here to see those search results on RR). I have a guess that its the mobile relay owned by a 'Klinger, Chris' but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew anything more about this frequency's use.
I was able to catch some talking on the frequency and have linked it here.
As of writing this post, two just keyed up and started talking about low fuel.
This ones a strange one for sure.

Thanks

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

Was doing a service band scan tonight on my scanner and I came across 452.3. Investigating it further with my SDR it appears to occasionally have traffic but most of the time you will only hear a quick transmission every 5-8 seconds. I am not able to get a PL Tone. Checking RR I came across a few different licenses in the area. (Click here to see those search results on RR). I have a guess that its the mobile relay owned by a 'Klinger, Chris' but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew anything more about this frequency's use.

Thanks
Just to follow up on this: I did do a license search on RR and the FCC, came back with the same results.

BushDoctor

Just to follow up on this: I did do a license search on RR and the FCC, came back with the same results.
Thats not cabs since they didnt have the cabs talk on the same freq as the dispatcher which prevented cabs from talking to each other. Hotels and resorts i think used the freq in later years you might try that and I see you found other users also

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Thats not cabs since they didnt have the cabs talk on the same freq as the dispatcher which prevented cabs from talking to each other. Hotels and resorts i think used the freq in later years you might try that and I see you found other users also
I did see Mount Sunapee Resort on there that that would probably make morse sense thinking about it. They are an LTR system after all and this is the second frequency listed on their license.

ecps92

452.3000 was originally ONLY Taxi Services, but with their migration over to Phones/Data the freq is open to many.

Depending on where you are in NH, this has been found to be used by some agencies for up/down links to the remote sites, but if you are hearing the LTR clicks, my money is on the Mt Sunapee LTR

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
452.3000 was originally ONLY Taxi Services, but with their migration over to Phones/Data the freq is open to many.

Depending on where you are in NH, this has been found to be used by some agencies for up/down links to the remote sites, but if you are hearing the LTR clicks, my money is on the Mt Sunapee LTR
I had not heard LTR clicks before but now I know :)
Listening back to the traffic on the frequency it really sounds like it could be Sunapee.

ecps92

MA/NH/ME and maybe VT still have some legacy LTRs running for now as many of those vendor have been migrating over to the multiple DMR flavors

Some Scanners will decode the Repeater and TG if you sit on the frequency
I had not heard LTR clicks before but now I know :)
Listening back to the traffic on the frequency it really sounds like it could be Sunapee.

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
MA/NH/ME and maybe VT still have some legacy LTRs running for now as many of those vendor have been migrating over to the multiple DMR flavors

Some Scanners will decode the Repeater and TG if you sit on the frequency
Interesting, I will try that with my BC796D. Ill collect some more information, match it with SNE and submit it to RR once I get the chance.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.