452.475 452.775 Oakland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

These sound like trunking control channels, but there is no UHF TRS in the database . Can anyone provide further info?

RayAir

I just looked up Wayne county in the database and sure enough, this is the Detroit DOT. And it IS Open Sky. I didn't find it because I only checked Oakland County. I am surprised it comes in so strong here. I am about 15 miles North of the Detroit/Wayne Co. border.

SCPD

QRT
OpenSky Busses

I just looked up Wayne county in the database and sure enough, this is the Detroit DOT. And it IS Open Sky. I didn't find it because I only checked Oakland County. I am surprised it comes in so strong here. I am about 15 miles North of the Detroit/Wayne Co. border.

First I heard of this.
Is this a new system, or something that's been up for while?
Is it implemented and actually being used, or just the site portion is up putting out control data?

mikey60

First I heard of this.
Is this a new system, or something that's been up for while?
Is it implemented and actually being used, or just the site portion is up putting out control data?

It's been up and running for quite some time. I don't know how much it's used since there's no way to monitor it at this point.

Mike

rcvmo

DDOT is an open sky system, but.........
All vehicles have to listen to a single channel that is proprietary from Siemens AVL / AOS group. No one, I repeat no one has been able to deocde this control channel yet execpt for those privy to the system.
I support the same system in A2.
When a specific code comes across this channel to a specific vehcile or fleetwide, then that this internal system will switch that vehicles radio system over to the open sky system and proceed to allow voice transmissions from there. Other wise, it is a quiet /closed system. You hardly hear any chit-chat at all on the normal voice system unless it is mechanics or Admin.

rcvmo / AATA

Status
Not open for further replies.