452.7750 for THP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I noticed yesterday that there was an update in the RR database for THP -- 452.77500, Nashville Post to Nashville Davidson County. However, when I programmed this frequency into my scanner, all I received was Brentwood P.D. In checking the database, this is their dispatch channel frequency. So, I don't understand how this frequency is being used by the THP? Can anyone explain?

jfhtm350

Looks like a case of misidentification or maybe THP came on that channel to talk to Brentwood PD, but there is no THP frequency close to that frequency in the FCC database.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the primary low-band unit ("state radio"), it is common for THP patrol units (except for "pool (spare)" vehicles, to have a second radio ("county radio") for communicating with local agencies. This radio will be VHF, UHF, or 800 to match the counties in the trooper's normal patrol zone. They typically do not have licenses to use those channels, but have agreements with the licensed agency to use them, consequently, the state would not appear as a licensee in the database.
Vehicle communications also include a VHF portable ("high band") and a mobile telephone ("state cell").
There are vehicular repeaters by which a patrolman can use his VHF portable to control the low band radio.
Hence, the many trunk-mounted antennae on the cars.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I noticed yesterday that there was an update in the RR database for THP -- 452.77500, Nashville Post to Nashville Davidson County. However, when I programmed this frequency into my scanner, all I received was Brentwood P.D. In checking the database, this is their dispatch channel frequency. So, I don't understand how this frequency is being used by the THP? Can anyone explain?

I checked in the "Downloads & Reports" section here in RR and the entry was made by "DonnieDog" as the administrator, so maybe he can add some details. I was also wondering if this might be a typo, because 452.275, instead of 452.775, was the repeater/link that previously was used in Murfreesboro and Gallatin to transmit the cars radio traffic back to the post in Nashville. However, I have not heard anything on that frequency for a long time, from either location, and it may be these repeaters/links are now on microwave, but I don't know. Also, I did enter 452.275 back into my scanner, but have not heard any traffic, as of yet.

n4yek

I checked in the "Downloads & Reports" section here in RR and the entry was made by "DonnieDog" as the administrator, so maybe he can add some details.

The Admins can only go by what is submitted to them, Donnie is located in the north east part of the state and has no idea of the repeaters used in the middle or western parts. If someone submits bad data, then it gets published, it's not Admins fault.
We all need to be absolutely sure of what we submit if we want a correct database for Tennessee.

APTN

In addition to the primary low-band unit ("state radio"), it is common for THP patrol units (except for "pool (spare)" vehicles, to have a second radio ("county radio") for communicating with local agencies. This radio will be VHF, UHF, or 800 to match the counties in the trooper's normal patrol zone. They typically do not have licenses to use those channels, but have agreements with the licensed agency to use them, consequently, the state would not appear as a licensee in the database.
Vehicle communications also include a VHF portable ("high band") and a mobile telephone ("state cell").
There are vehicular repeaters by which a patrolman can use his VHF portable to control the low band radio.
Hence, the many trunk-mounted antennae on the cars.

EZlistener likely nailed it on the head. Due to proximity of towers, I hear interagency communications between THP and the local Sheriff's Office from time to time. Someone probably heard THP talking to Brentwood on their channel and misidentified it.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
The Admins can only go by what is submitted to them, Donnie is located in the north east part of the state and has no idea of the repeaters used in the middle or western parts. If someone submits bad data, then it gets published, it's not Admins fault.
We all need to be absolutely sure of what we submit if we want a correct database for Tennessee.

To be sure I wasn't trying to ascribe fault to anyone, but just seeking clarification. Maybe if the administrator would like to comment on this subject that wouldl prove helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.