Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Been listening to this off and on for awhile,I have it in my Pro 106 as harrison county for Dept of Highways,but here in fayette county it's got to be something else. I hear maintenance talk alot like fixing tires,transmissions,etc. The DC is 251 and I've been hoping someone will say something where they are at so at least I can have a clue who they are. It's not driving me nuts but at some point I'm gonna scream at my scanner lol (Could it still be Dept of Highways locally?)

dwlyons

ODO,
It appears that each district is using their relay channels as their primary comm channels. I have noticed it in the District 5 area also.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Possible Agencies

Been listening to this off and on for awhile,I have it in my Pro 106 as harrison county for Dept of Highways,but here in fayette county it's got to be something else. I hear maintenance talk alot like fixing tires,transmissions,etc. The DC is 251 and I've been hoping someone will say something where they are at so at least I can have a clue who they are. It's not driving me nuts but at some point I'm gonna scream at my scanner lol (Could it still be Dept of Highways locally?)

I just did a search on that frequency and the only agency that would make sense in that area is Alex Energy (Nicholas Energy/Massey.) The transmitter is located at Drennen. I know it is being used as a DOH fixed relay in Clarksburg. According to the FCC, it is also a DOH fixed relay in Parkersburg.

Hope this helps a little. I'll also try and monitor it a little if I can (Assuming I can receive it here at the house.)

Chad

MOTOROLANUT

DOH uses 453.000/458.000 as Courtesy patrol repeater here in Harrco and surrounding counties (marion, mon, taylor, dodd, ritchie, preston) Most are PL 186.2, but occasionally you will find DOH using PL 123.0 as well. Usually they log in civilian contacts along I-79, I-68, US Route 50 and will discuss with DOH headquarters reason for assistance such as flat tires, out of fuel, ect. Fayette could be using a different PL or DPL due your county being in a different DOH district.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
ODO

I forgot to add earler that 453.1500 on Cottle Knob rebroadcasts Fayette Co. DOH traffic as well as Nicholas, Greembrier, Monroe, and Summers. Program in Cottle and see if you can receive it from your location. Then you can hear both sides of Fayette DOH without missing anything.

I meant to say that earlier I just forgot. Hope this helps as well.

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Chad I just did a search for that(couldn't sleep) and saw it's indeed Alex Energy and have changed my scanner to reflect that(I also get DOH at 453.15) and might imput the other frequencies for Alex Energy that I saw as well,nice to know a new business frequency got solved I've been listening to that should be added to the nicholas county frequency list.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Nicholas Energy

Thanks Chad I just did a search for that(couldn't sleep) and saw it's indeed Alex Energy and have changed my scanner to reflect that(I also get DOH at 453.15) and might imput the other frequencies for Alex Energy that I saw as well,nice to know a new business frequency got solved I've been listening to that should be added to the nicholas county frequency list.

You're very welcome. I'll try and pass that information along to be submitted and added to the database. Glad you found it.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.