453.1000 - Fayette Co, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

I stumbled across this frequency the other day by accident. It has TONS of activity!

I'm not sure what I'm hearing, though. I've heard some PD dispatchers talking to units in Gallaway, around Moscow, Rossville, Fayette Co. sheriffs, maybe even Oakland.

But Rossville and Fayette Co. have their own frequencies. So its a bit confusing.

Is there a central Fayette agency that dispatches ALL the law enforcement, including Fayette Sheriff, and all the small town PD's?

I can't find this in the RR database, but I thought I'd get some info here before submitting incomplete/wrong data.

Thanks!

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
453.1000 is a repeater relay for Piperton that links into the Fayette Co. Sheriff's radio system. It's been up for a month or so I believe.

I'll get the freq. added to the DB. Thanks!

RadioCopFFFR

This repeater is up to allow Piperton PD to access Fayette County's repeater. Fayette County has had a lot of trouble being able to fill in dead spots. They currently have a new repeater site that is much higher and better than anything they have had previously. Now the Dispatcher can be heard all throughout the county. They have put in a microwave backbone and voter receive system. They have 3 receive sites with a fourth in the works.Fayette County Sheriff's office dispatches all municipal and county Law Enforcement agencies, Fire and EMS for the entire county.

Airdorn

Yeah, the first night I heard this I was amazed. It was loud and clear, and had lots of really interesting activity. That incident Tuesday in Galloway on Senator street was something I happened to tune into right away.

Well, sadly, that incident made the paper the next day. A couple of guys got into an argument and one went and got a gun and shot the other to death. The police that initially made the scene sounded very nervous and they were calling for "any and all" backup because things were "quickly escalating" and they said they were losing control. Thankfully, they handled the crowd just fine. I think a couple of Fayette units showed-up and I heard THEM on that freq, which is what got me all confused.

Thanks for the info guys!

Gatorman

Piperton, et al

I'm not sure I understand what 453.100 actually does. It is a link, relay or free-standing repeater serving Piperton??????? Not very strong in East Memphis. Are all the municipalities still on their own freqs per the database??????

Thank you

RadioCopFFFR

yeah but it also has a some type of link to the sheriff's dept. repeater. My guess is that there is another radio or two tied in to transmit the audio from 453.1000 to 465.275 and another radio for the receive side of 460.275 to 458.1000. I know that Rossville has a similar setup.

FayetteCO911

Fayette county runs several different radio systems. All law enforcement is done on UHF with multiple sites throughout the county. The description of Piperton's link into the main channel is correct. There are not multiple channels into dispatch, but the towns might have their own "talk-arounds". All dispatching is done from the new dispatch center at the Criminal Justice center just south of Somerville. This includes Fire, EMS and Law enforcement. There are only two dispatchers on duty at any time for the whole county.

Law Enforcement Unit Identification This is for the UHF channel.

100 units Fayette county Sheriffs office Administrative units
300 Units Somerville Police Dept.
500 Units Oakland Police Dept.
600 Units Various county services (622/623 are animal control)
700 Units Piperton Police Dept.
800 units Galloway Police Dept.
900 Units (950 and above) Moscow Police Dept.
1100 Units Rossville Police Dept
2400 Units Fayette County Sheriff's Department Patrol Units
"Whiskey" units are DUI units from FCSO
"Delta" units are detective/investigators from FCSO
"Kilo" units are canine units from FCSO

Fire/EMS Unit Identification.

This is all done on the VHF channel 154.220, "FireCom". except for Piperton fire dept which uses a UHF channel due to dead spots in the VHF main channel. Rossville Fire is dispatched simultaneously on 154.220 and 158.790 (Rossville's private tower and repeater) So you will hear the tone and dispatch info on the main FireCom but all further traffic will be conducted on RFD's repeater. Station numbers correspond with the unit numbers.

100 Units Somerville Fire Department
200 Units Braden Fire Department
300 Units Piperton Fire Department
400 Units Oakland Fire Department
500 Units Galloway Fire Department
600 Units Rossville Fire Department
700 Units Williston Fire Department
800 Units Lagrange Fire Department
900 Units Moscow Fire Department (900-949) MPD is 950+
Everything above "900" units are county fire stations
1000 West Fayette Fire Dept. (Hwy 196 @ Hwy 193)
1100 Macon Fire Dept.
1200 Fayette County Fire station on Wagon Wheel Drive North of Somerville
1300 FCFD
1400 Hickory Withe
1500 FCFD

1800 Units are the County Fire Chief's (1800, 1801)
1900 Units are Emergency Management Agency.

The EMS units are also paged on FireCom. There are only 3 county ALS units for the county and 1 in Oakland. Oakland was not happy with response times so they have contracted privately with Rural/Metro. They are located at Station 4 (Oakland) It is "Unit 53".
There are two ambulances at 'EMS Headquarters', Unit 1 and Unit 3. Headquarters is located just North of the square in Somerville.
There is one unit located at the "Substation" which is at county fire station 10 (196 @ 193). This is usually unit 2. Unit 4 is the backup unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.