453.200 MHz, DMR, what is this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

OK I need some help with this one. I live in Russellville. This morning at 8:00am I heard a radio test on 453.2000 MHz DMR digital, which went something like this:

"Department of Health this is (???) on Nebo, how do you copy?"
"I copy you loud and clear."
"10-4, switching to Pottsville." (for this brief conversation, the slot was 1, color 10)

"Department of Health this is (???) on Pottsville, how do you copy?"
"I copy you loud and clear." (for this brief conversation, the slot was 1, color 12)

I couldn't understand what three letters he was giving for the acronym (???). It sounded like "AMT" or "ANT", or "AMC", just not sure. The frequency and tower data seem to correspond to this FCC listing: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1225938

Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Last edited:

wbswetnam

I'll try to be listening for it next Friday at 8:00am and I will record it, and post the recording. As I was listening to it, I was thinking that it might be Arkansas Forestry Commission, but it did not sound like "AFC". Perhaps it was Arkansas Parks and Tourism("APT"), which would make sense. I want to be 100% sure before posting it to the database.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
AVC - Arkansas Valley Communications. Could be they are testing a new system or new repeaters or whatever before it goes live?

wbswetnam

I tried recording it this morning, but I fumbled the recorder and didn't catch it. I'll try again next Friday.

jbdinki

If its the health dept they have named this radio system crystal or krystal. They refer to it regularly on awin

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
ADOH.... The ODDBALL of AR State agencies... The State has an darn good system in AWIN, but ADOH has to build out their own DMR system.... Heck, are not they the ones that set up the AWIN Hospital Net?

jbdinki

They perform radio check on the dmr right after awin checks. It a backup system

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Yup. Submit all you find and we will get it in db ASAP. Im a little busy with gen con prep etc as I. Am gm for Mayfair Games this year as well as just attending and having fun.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.