453.275 in Northern Westchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

rszkodzi

Hello everyone.

I live in northern westchester and noticed this frequency which I have coded from a RR download as Dutchess County City of Dover Highway department is constantly broadcasting.

I know I can't pick up dover, and the chatter is police orientated. I cant figure out who though.

No PL, just straight 453.2750 Analog. Its not Mohegan Fire, which is the same frequency but has a PL of 226 and its not Yonkers Police which has a digital version.

I hope someone knows what that is, its driving me nuts because it says Dover Dutchess county but there is chatter from places like Somers.

-Rich

coolrich55

That frequency is used in Tolland CT for FD ops I believe. Tolland is near Somers so it could be that. The only other thing I can think of is New London CT PD. That's there dispatch channel.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
RR must have an error in it since Town of Dover N.Y. has it listed on it's license as a local government frequency, which means any entity operated by that town can use it. With them broadcasting from East Mountain (appx 1400 ft elevation and the tower I know is a minimum of 165ft) even at only 25 watts you could hear it in Somers N.Y. with no problem.
Somers N.Y. or Conn?

Last edited:

rszkodzi

Somers NY. Makes sense then about Dover broadcast, but the chatter I hear sounds like Westchester PD related.

I'll monitor the frequency for a couple of days just to make sure its not FD inspector related.

-R

Status
Not open for further replies.