453.5250 Mhz in Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyNolt

Some time ago I checked the new FCC listings for Lancaster County and put some frequencys in may scanner. This morning I heard Lancaster County calling field com on 453.525 Mhz. I think it may have some thing to do with the funerals for the Amish, because county said that two different squads were inroute. Later county and field com were talking about maps and were they stored. Also county told field com that "EOC is activated", what does that mean? Does county use the 453.525 and others close to that for moble command unit to county or what????.

csvff78

453.525 is a Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency frequency used throughout the state. They use various PL's on the input and output based on what county it is in. EOC is the Emergency Operations Center, and would be activated when there is any incident or event that would require needs above and beyond the norm that they handle. Here in Pittsburgh that freq was extensively used for the All-Star Game. There were multiple drills with all agencies providing special services for protection at the game. During the week all special ops were coordinated on this freq. I have not heard them lately, but the county used to have a weekly net on there as well. Washington County uses this freq for Haz-Mat, 911 ops, and other county ops. Rumor is that this system is falling in to decreased use due to the M/A Com system, but still a good one to listen to anywhere in the state.

Frank K3FSS

kb3hfp

Frank, when did PEMA have their weekly net? Don't think I ever heard that one before, sounds interesting... tnx

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
csvff78 said:
453.525 is a Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency frequency used throughout the state. They use various PL's on the input and output based on what county it is in. EOC is the Emergency Operations Center, and would be activated when there is any incident or event that would require needs above and beyond the norm that they handle. Here in Pittsburgh that freq was extensively used for the All-Star Game. There were multiple drills with all agencies providing special services for protection at the game. During the week all special ops were coordinated on this freq. I have not heard them lately, but the county used to have a weekly net on there as well. Washington County uses this freq for Haz-Mat, 911 ops, and other county ops. Rumor is that this system is falling in to decreased use due to the M/A Com system, but still a good one to listen to anywhere in the state.

Frank K3FSS

It is my understanding that PEMA is no longer using the UHF system for County to PEMA comms. OpenSky bases are present at every county EOC for communications with PEMA. I've seen the Montco base firsthand.

Both the old UHF and VHF PEMA frequencies may still be used by individual counties in various areas across the state. I usually keep them programmed in since county EMA's may use them for communications within the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.