453.6875 MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Passing through Mid Hudson Valley I picked up a fairly strong analog signal on 453.6875 MHz, I did not catch the PL/DPL. ULS Search shows the closest thing in the area utilizing this frequency would be “Mamaroneck Fire District” However, it appears I was picking up PD traffic or EMS related traffic. I checked the ULS and it is also licensed to Putnam County. Anyone have any ideas as to what this freq could be? I tried to skim through a few databases in the Tri-State, but may have missed it if it’s been submitted already.

Last edited:

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Not sure where you were in Mid Hudson when you heard it, but Saddle River NJ PD (Bergen County) uses that frequency as main dispatch. Analog mode, CTCSS 123.0.

I was passing through Westchester when I heard it, in the Tarrytown area. That could be it, I will have to input the PL you provided and see if I receive similar traffic.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Tarrytown is way too far south to be considered the mid-Hudson Valley...it's at the very bottom of the lower Hudson Valley. That explains why I was confused when reading your initial post, I thought you were in or near Putnam County. Keep in mind that Putnam and Orange counties are licensed for that frequency at very low power for on-scene stuff only. Saddle River PD makes much more sense, being only around 12 miles from Tarrytown.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Tarrytown is way too far south to be considered the mid-Hudson Valley...it's at the very bottom of the lower Hudson Valley. That explains why I was confused when reading your initial post, I thought you were in or near Putnam County. Keep in mind that Putnam and Orange counties are licensed for that frequency at very low power for on-scene stuff only. Saddle River PD makes much more sense, being only around 12 miles from Tarrytown.

Ha, you’re right. Should’ve just wrote mid Westchester. And yes, Saddle River does. Appears they’re running 100watts. On the bright side, looks like a possible frequency for Mamaroneck Fire District according to the ULS?

Edited: Changed Saddle Brook to Saddle River

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Saddle River...and they're running 40w under KEJ810. Not sure about Mamaroneck's usage. They've had it licensed as a repeater since the summer of 2018, but nothing has been submitted for it yet.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Saddle River...and they're running 40w under KEJ810. Not sure about Mamaroneck's usage. They've had it licensed as a repeater since the summer of 2018, but nothing has been submitted for it yet.

Man, I’m a mess today. Quarantine/Social Distancing is getting the best of me. Well, thanks for the info. I’ll monitor the frequency and see if I pick anything up when passing through the Sound Shore section of Westchester, regarding Mamaroneck.

Status
Not open for further replies.