454.4500 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooniorjr

Premium Subscriber
Hello new to the forum but not to scanning.Live about 35 miles directly south of Chicago.

Caught this frequency on 12-27-11 and don't know what it is. Any help?

Get a data burst for about 5 seconds then gives " Alert 4 1 4 4 1 4 1 1 1 1 the time is _____ pm,alert condition one exists" then repeats once. I have an audio recording of it but can't upload it to this post.

Thanks in advance, Goonior,Jr.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello new to the forum but not to scanning.Live about 35 miles directly south of Chicago.

Caught this frequency on 12-27-11 and don't know what it is. Any help?

Get a data burst for about 5 seconds then gives " Alert 4 1 4 4 1 4 1 1 1 1 the time is _____ pm,alert condition one exists" then repeats once. I have an audio recording of it but can't upload it to this post.

Thanks in advance, Goonior,Jr.

Well, this kind of depends on where you are? Most of what's in the 454 mhz range is uhf paging systems and data.

n9zas

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Danger Will Robinson!

Heard the same thing on that freq from 17 miles due west of downtown Chicago. Sounds primarily like paging signals, with that automated voice message being transmitted as well from time to time. My guess is that it is to alert whomever as to the status of equipment or machinery at some kind of facility. Almost sounds like a mic gets keyed for a few seconds toward the end of the transmission, hearing what sounds like some kind of machinery operating in the background. Odd.....

ecps92

Most of the 454 has been auctioned off, from being paging, they have mostly moved to 900 Mhz in many regions

The only way to search these now is by Company Name and/or Market [similar to the market your Radio/TV markets run on]

Here in New England and thru my other travels, I have found
LTR's, Conventional and just plain No use except CW ID'd. [YMMV] in
Analog, and various new Digital [Non P25] modes.

The user get's the license on the Primary Channel and the adjacent splinters [ie 3 Freqs]

Well, this kind of depends on where you are? Most of what's in the 454 mhz range is uhf paging systems and data.

n9zas

cpd204

I just read this tread and tuned my scanner to that frequency and got the same messege with some data bursts. Kinda creepy, usually I just hear annoying data bursts. I'll edit this reply if I find any info on it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
414 is an area code in Wisconsin, maybe a phone number for the system owner? License info shows 454.4500 licensed to John Aegerter in Wisconsin with lots of transmitters down into IL.
KNKC937

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.