46.38 from down South in NYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
Last night 1845 hrs while operating at a stove fire in the Town of Hartford, Washington County, New York, we heard a dispatch for a department down south for an accident on I-163 on 46.38. We could hear both sides of the transmissions, and they were coming in strong on all the mobiles and portables on scene.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You're going to be hearing lots of that stuff in the coming weeks which is why most have abandoned Lo Band. That's why TV channel 1 was given over to the hams who quickly discoverd that 6M is the magic band but it didn't go far enough. The plan was to move all TV to UHF like Europe did but the station owners have been sandbagging for decades. Meanwhle we have OUR fun! (;->)

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Yup, that was probably putnam county or chenango county that you heard. I live in chenango county and 46.38 is our dispatch freq along with putnam and washington county. I hear out of county chatter all the time. Putnam county shares a lot of the same tone combinations with us and when there tones go out my mobile will alert and start beeping. It gets kind of annoying after a while, but its always fun to listen to. The statewide mutal aid freq. on 45.88 is also a great one to listen to in NYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.