46.46 Unid fire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpaul71

Hi all,

received a number of US signals today here in Ireland via multi hop Sporadic E - first time this has ever happened to me. I'm usually chasing stuff further up in Frequency during summer.

I wonder can anyone help with identifying some weak signals heard on 46.46.

There may have been two dispatches heard both had quite low audio and lots of fading.

There were mentions of

"brush 8"

"brush 18"

"319 first responders" (might have misheard this)

"392 response check"

I wonder do any of these details ring a bell with anyone.

It would be great to nail this one, although I know its a long shot. Via E Skip this stuff is even more of a buzz than via F2!

These were most likely north eastern US.

regards and hope someone can help.

Paul Logan
Lisnaskea, N Ireland

Hi all,

received a number of US signals today here in Ireland via multi hop Sporadic E - first time this has ever happened to me. I'm usually chasing stuff further up in Frequency during summer.

I wonder can anyone help with identifying some weak signals heard on 46.46.

There may have been two dispatches heard both had quite low audio and lots of fading.

There were mentions of

"brush 8"

"brush 18"

"319 first responders" (might have misheard this)

"392 response check"

I wonder do any of these details ring a bell with anyone.

It would be great to nail this one, although I know its a long shot. Via E Skip this stuff is even more of a buzz than via F2!

These were most likely north eastern US.

regards and hope someone can help.

Paul Logan
Lisnaskea, N Ireland

It could be really from anywhere if you are using an external antenna.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Here In Rockingham County North Carolina Fire uses 46.46 for low band dispatch and one station does have a brush 18

misterpaul71

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies.

It turns out to be KBQ751 Chestnut Ridge, MD, I heard a call to 7823 Saint Clare Lane in Dundalk, MD on the afternoon of the 23rd. Cross street was Saint Augustine Lane.

Very pleased with this log, a real catch via summer double hop Sporadic E.

Here is the kind of level it was received at: https://app.box.com/s/6lvn5nem0at71xtwj45g

n5vkmdlu

Heard same fire and EMS calls in North TEXAS on 46.460 mhz

Hello All, I have heard the fire and ems calls on 46.460 with the times as eastern time zone. I was thinking it was from the Rockingham, North Carolina fire repeating a vhf or uhf repeater on low band 46.460 licensed frequency or it might be the Chestnut Ridge, MD fire department. It is a in and out daytime here in the summertime. I am using a Diamond D130J discone at 30ft up with 701ft ground elevation. My radio in a GRE PRS800. I am in Anna, TX in Collin County, TX. Anna, TX is 40 miles north of Dallas, TX on US 75. Anna is 10 miles north of McKinney, TX on US 75 and 20 miles south of Sherman, TX on US 75.

Thanks,
Danny Ussery N5VKM
Anna, TX EM13RI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.