Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am hearing a repeater on 460.2375 with a 141.3 PL
It is not in the database
I heard a transmission "Tolland Command on channel 4"
And I heard Coventry PD calling Tolland Command so I guess it is some type of interops or maybe a UHF Link to some low band channels. Can't really submit it for a database entry because I cannot confirm 100% who it is. Any help from the quiet corner?
The FCC listing shows it as a 10 watt analog repeater. Found that hard to believe that I could hear it so clear at my location until I looked at the antenna height / location. It is on the WFSB tower, :D.
Bob

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I would listen to see if it is a link to TN 33.86, which it the lo band ops channel for Tolland. Most, but not all, of the other UHF or VHF channels used by TN dispatched depts are licensed/owned by the respective dept. but link to either 33.86, 33.44 or 33.48 based on which lo-band channel they are assigned by TN.

I have also heard other depts. unlink the UHF or VHF from lo-band during major incident in their town to avoid clogging up the lo band of depts not involved.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am at the other end of the state so I really have trouble hearing the low band stuff over there, but I hear them on occasion and it seems more like an interop channel than a patch. But I was hoping someone closer up that way could confirm so the freq could go in the database. Can't really submit unverified info.
Bob

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I will put it in my scanner this weekend and see what I can hear. I thought Tolland used CSP and Resident Troopers for police. I used to know a Resident State trooper and at least in his town they used the CSP system for all comms. I assume they could have UHF or other radios in their cruiser though, not sure how the program works.

oneadam-12

Tolland command 4

On scan New England it is listed as a uhf channel as command 4 with no link to low band.
As others have said it might be a interop or a link to low band but more investigation is need. I will keep a listen.

ecps92

checking the Low band might not be a bad idea.

I've found /seen many a submission claiming a UHF Repeater when it was actually the Remote link to/from the VHF Remote tower site...

And keep in-mind many of the descriptions come from listeners, not actual "Official sources" and are subject to a variety of interpretations

On scan New England it is listed as a uhf channel as command 4 with no link to low band.
As others have said it might be a interop or a link to low band but more investigation is need. I will keep a listen.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Tolland County is a pet peeve of mine, as I haven't been able to get a good solid source of information on the exact layout. I do have some contacts out there and will see if they can provide a more accurate list.

It is true that many departments maintain their own links (Frank F setup the Somers one years back that could be heard everywhere) but its still just a mess of things. I am temped to pull all the repeater links into each town's listing where they are actually used - as they would not be TN channels and coverage would very by each one (also the RRDB DB users will have a better scanning experience).

If anyone has a concrete list of whats in play and by who, please email or PM the info. Same goes for the other regional centers as I know they are not 100% accurate but I don't have any info to the contrary.

Also when looking for these mystery channels, check the respective towns as well vs the countywide listing.

FCC record:
WQEQ693 (TOLLAND, TOWN OF) FCC Callsign Details

Status
Not open for further replies.