460.6 PL 192.8 - NOT JERSEY CITY

onsceno

Last evening, at approximately 7p and 7:45p, while travelling on Route 208 between Wyckoff and Fair Lawn there were two separate tone and voice announcements for a fire department - fairly certain they mentioned Boonton - though the signal was poor, so WHO it actually was, I could have gotten wrong. The first was a fire alarm where I was able to hear "building 9" and the second was a mere announcement. As far as I know and as documented here, Boonton is dispatched by Morris County so I'm a little baffled as to where this may have originated from. Feel free to provide any input as I may be totally "off" on WHO that actually was but this is the first time I'm hearing ANYTHING on that freq/PL outside JC. I should also add... this was not a "Locution" voice and was an actual male on the mic.

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hmmm, Boonton Fire had an old cross link from 46.42 PL 186.2 using that PL 192.8 on 463.825 back in the day (no longer in service). I'll plug it in and see what I get up here. Standby

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Not Boonton, been dead up this way. BUT, caught a keyup this morning with MDC ID 2457. I was on 287 in the area of Pequannock / Kinnelon so goes a bit with your 208 area. Hmmmmm