461.1250 Orangeville

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what is on 461.1250 (full scale in Orangeville with a handheld)? Fairly frequent transmissions, however, it sounds like data of some sort. Can't find anything in the TAFL for it.

Might have to go foxhunting...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My search of the TAFL shows two licenses in Ontario, one in Hillsburgh and one in Brisbane, to "Paul Whitehead" operating as "Mobile Radio Systems". CHF523 and CGP355.

Don't use the TAFL searches where someone has downloaded a copy of the TAFL and searches on that - go right to Spectrum Direct itself.

EDIT: I shouldn't say "don't" use the other searches. But be aware that they operate on information that someone has manually downloaded, which is potentially out of date. (The MobileTAFL iOS app, which is an excellent resource, has data that was last updated in August.) The Spectrum Direct searches are right on the Industry Canada site, and are updated several times a day.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm pretty sure I've logged that one as part of a TRBO Connect Plus system.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
My search of the TAFL shows two licenses in Ontario, one in Hillsburgh and one in Brisbane, to "Paul Whitehead" operating as "Mobile Radio Systems". CHF523 and CGP355.

Don't use the TAFL searches where someone has downloaded a copy of the TAFL and searches on that - go right to Spectrum Direct itself.

EDIT: I shouldn't say "don't" use the other searches. But be aware that they operate on information that someone has manually downloaded, which is potentially out of date. (The MobileTAFL iOS app, which is an excellent resource, has data that was last updated in August.) The Spectrum Direct searches are right on the Industry Canada site, and are updated several times a day.

Thanks, yeah, I hadn't considered that the TAFL I searched was out of date. Hillsburgh isn't that far from Orangeville, and we're pretty high up here so that might be it. Thanks!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No, MotoTRBO systems are not scannable (directly at least). You can use a tapped scanner and the DSD program to possible decode the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.