461.9875 Mhz in Mississauga, Ont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
From my office in Mississauga I have been monitoring this frequency and have been hearing what sounds like a mother and child talking to each other in Spanish. They use a CTCSS of 167.9. From looking at TAFL it doesn't look to be licensed to anyone around here (Square One Area). Can anyone else pick this up, and what is being said/ what is it used for.

Not to interesting to listen to, but curious as to the 5 W's of its usage

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
461.9875 461.9875 DOWNSVIEW TORONTO AREA Q STAR INDUSTRIES LTD., NORTH YORK ON is what i found. Maybe private band?

t_pasha

Alot of the times if a new customer wants to try out Commercial radio. The Radio companies will provide them with a temporary frequency which will not be registered to anyone for them to use and see if they require anything extra or changes until they register a frequency.. It may be the same or not!

mciupa

ocscan said:
I have been monitoring this frequency(461.9875) . Can anyone else pick this up ? . . . and what is being said/ what it's used for.

I have been listening (from NW Toronto) and have only heard what sounds to me like security doing perimeter patrols and door/gate checks ( in English).

DaveH

ocscan said:
From my office in Mississauga I have been monitoring this frequency and have been hearing what sounds like a mother and child talking to each other in Spanish. They use a CTCSS of 167.9.

Is it a repeater or simplex?

Dave

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
The Mississauga comms we definately simplex. I will see what I hear on this frequency from my Home (Yonge@Queens Quay, 21st Floor).

Could be some local store selling hand-helds without licensing being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.