462.575 GMRS repeater in Denver area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1clo1

Thanks for the reply, but that's the reason for my question, its not transmitting all I get is dead air on the radio but only after I release the PTT button. It happens in both radios. It's not broadcasting what I transmitt.

skyler440

Thanks for the reply, but that's the reason for my question, its not transmitting all I get is dead air on the radio but only after I release the PTT button. It happens in both radios. It's not broadcasting what I transmitt.

When you transmit on your radio, I don't know if your radio can listen at the same time?

When you key, are you listening with the other radio, because if so, the proximity of the radios being close will cause interference, and will not work.

Other people can definately hear you though!

Last edited:

1clo1

Yes I am listening with the other radio, so if I move the radio's further from eachother they should work properly, since it seems they are programmed properly.

skyler440

Yes I am listening with the other radio, so if I move the radio's further from eachother they should work properly, since it seems they are programmed properly.

Yes, it should work if you move them far enough away, which depending on the radio might affect how far away you have to move it. Some radios have more sensitive receivers then others. May I ask what radio you have?

I would try turning it on full volume, and going really far away. Tell me if it does anything.

If still nothing, turn the squelch off on the receiver so you just hear plain static and then move them far apart, talk and see if you hear anything.

skyler440

I haven't been able to move them farther away and try yet. But I have baofeng radios. I'll give update once I try them farther a way.

yep those baofengs have pretty bad filters, and will require a bit farther away then some "nicer" radios

Status
Not open for further replies.