464.200 Cumberland Mine RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you watch the video of the Cumberland Mine Railroad near Waynesboro at
at about 2:22 they show the radio used for the hotbox detector, a Kenwood mobile with "464.200 Rpt" on the display.

Is there anyone in the area that can verify this, perhaps with a PL, so that it can be added to the database? It appears the license is WNRG750, which also includes repeaters on 462.200 and 452.000 among other freqs (ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WNRG750 - Cumberland Contura, LLC - Frequencies Summary)

The Cumberland Mine railroad is an isolated mine-water coal road, and an employee posts videos on YouTube showing the operations which are pretty interesting.

talviar

Decoding a PL tone of 206.5 on 464.200 with rail traffic... Seems a little weird that the repeater sits on the Summit Mountain outside of Hopwood/Uniontown area for Cumberland Mine and they are using it for yard traffic.

Listening to the conductor talking to the engineer via the repeater this morning as they are putting a train together....

talviar

Decoding a PL tone of 206.5 on 464.200 with rail traffic... Seems a little weird that the repeater sits on the Summit Mountain outside of Hopwood/Uniontown area for Cumberland Mine and they are using it for yard traffic.

Listening to the conductor talking to the engineer via the repeater this morning as they are putting a train together....
After looking at the route map--- railroad runs from the Greene County side of the river across from Masontown towards Waynesburg.... That makes a little more sense now....

Status
Not open for further replies.