464.725 Connect Plus Control Channel DFW area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

This morning there was a slight band opening here in Wichita Falls.
I was getting a DMR Connect Plus Control Channel on 464.725 color code 1 System ID 375. It appeared to be coming from the southeast. This system does not appear to be in the database.

Stephen

I took a look at the licenses for the entire State of Texas, and I was only able to locate a TRBO license for HCA Plano, a medial center. I do not have TRBO monitoring capabilities at the moment.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Google is your friend - 464.725 Dallas Fort Worth.

= WQMF259 (Coppell City of) FCC Callsign Details
WQBM761 (Poly-America) FCC Callsign Details
WPJT261 (RANGER CAB CO) FCC Callsign Details
FCC Registered Land Mobile Towers in Midlothian, Texas

Google - 464.725 mhz Texas ( for long lists - go to top of browser - click on edit - click on find on this page and type in the freq of 464.725 )

= FCC Registered Land Mobile Towers in Lone Star, Texas
Houston Scanner Frequency List

Further help : Type in Dallas Ft.Worth 464.725 mhz

www.google.com

www.search.yahoo.com

www.bing.com

http://www.searchalta.com/

Best Wishes................... ------------------ FF-Medic !!!

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
I took a look at the licenses for the entire State of Texas, and I was only able to locate a TRBO license for HCA Plano, a medial center. I do not have TRBO monitoring capabilities at the moment.

I agree. But some people operate with TRBO / NEXEDGE without the TRBO / NEXEDGE license - or in some cases....They operate while the license is pending, as documented on this website many times before.

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
None of those are trunked systems with the correct emission designator.

??? Trunked ???

464 Mhz is the business allocation....correct?

( Smile / laugh ) Nice to know he got the color code / code off of the TRBO, and TRBO / NEXEDGE is so beneficial to Public Safety and large corporations who prefer communications security. The kind of security that you can......with the right programming...monitor with a computer.

Or nothing like radio equipement.....that goes through a PBX...for communications security. Old news that has been going on for years. But remember......you cannot repeat radio transmissions.

464 MHZ. Trunked ??? Hmmmmm ?

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
There are TONS of business trunked systems in the 450-470 MHz band. What planet are you on?

I express my doubts about a trunked system in 464 mhz - especially TRBO'd. Why trunk a TRBO system?

With the exception of the Taxi Company why trunk a system ( the city enity was listed in the 464 mhz - I would think they would have a city / municipal licese / allocation trunked and not in the business allocation ).

I was simply stating my beliefs, with rationale and reasoning ; noting good sense radio systems and projects.

I will not bicker or argue my justification for my post.

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

nd5y

I express my doubts about a trunked system in 464 mhz -
Here are all the commercial trunked licenses in Texas that have a frequency between 464.0-464.9875 MHz.
Notice they all say Radio Service: Industrial/Business Pool - Commercial, Trunked (YK)
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Me...ortstring=,+lic_name,+file_num&limit_select=2
and that search doesn't include the entire 450-470 MHz band or other UHF trunked systems with other service codes or systems in other states.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
None of those are trunked systems with the correct emission designator.

Does anybody who is actually in or near the DFW area hear a control channel on 464.725?

I'm receiving some digital bursts occasionally in NE Tarrant, but not a constant control channel.

Stephen

I noticed when I did my initial search there were a few licenses out to a communications company in Abilene, I believe one of those was trunked. All of the emissions were for analog, but what's to say they are not already in TRBO and have either recently or failed to file an amendment.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Tom/Ben

Just tuned up the freq and went to Open Sq and hearinging the data-burst..not constant at this time /location.

Changed modes on my FT-897 to Packet (to see if indeed could hear anything) and the audio appears to be commerical type and very short chat or testing as heard a couple sq tail-chirps too....also noticed very long burst a few minutes later and with Sq full open getting occasional drops

Strong signal on the burst and audio as well.

Went to Digital mode and getting what appears to be a sync / burst about every 4 seconds or so sycn-pulse type - perhaps went encrypted as now no voice,

Will monitor a while here in NE Tarrant.

Bill

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Tom/Ben

Just tuned up the freq and went to Open Sq and hearinging the data-burst..not constant at this time /location.

Changed modes on my FT-897 to Packet (to see if indeed could hear anything) and the audio appears to be commerical type and very short chat or testing as heard a couple sq tail-chirps too....also noticed very long burst a few minutes later and with Sq full open getting occasional drops

Strong signal on the burst and audio as well.

Went to Digital mode and getting what appears to be a sync / burst about every 4 seconds or so sycn-pulse type - perhaps went encrypted as now no voice,

Will monitor a while here in NE Tarrant.

Bill

So you're saying your FT-897 decodes the audio???

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Nope not decoding per se...first on FM mode heard what appeared ( no idea ) to be Data / Trunking of some unknown sort....Then switching modes across the 897 I did catch several very-very short audio (was on Packet Mode at the time) sounding like Tech types perhaps testing - again, do not know and could be another freq that is overloading as it was 9 on the FTL Meter....RF rich enviroment here this area.

Then, as noted prior the data stream increased and no additional voice heard.

Could be between Tom and mystation perhaps as have a 24' Antenna so might be - might not be same siggy..would have to record the capture and DTG to see...

So at this stage its an unknown as only had a few minutes to tune up and if possible tomorrow will try to record same and see....

Will see what tomorrow brings....

Bill

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Then, as noted prior the data stream increased and no additional voice heard.

I'm not sure how you're saying this is voice if you're not decoding it? How did you determine that it's not a long data transmission or a sequence of data transmissions?

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Gents

The specific frequency as noted above consisted (at seperate times) of both human speech and data streams, along with a 4 sec interval sync type pulse just before I had to stop monitorng just after Noon local today.

What I do-not presume to know: (partial list)

If the freq was in some sort of testing situation.

What the precribed Modulation was ( other than the very-short voice was clear audio)

What the data stream was or not as no means to decode the data

Why the 4 second pluse that repeated for several minutes and most noticable in Packet Mode

Thus a lot of unknowns and could be interference/ close prox of signals, etc...

Having worked a tad bit in data modes in the old Bell 202 days and voice side I have tinkered with mix-modes and such - but no test gear here so will try to capture if I can and let folks "tell me what I am hearing"....

Tom can you record and that way we can compare-contrast as we might - or might not- be hearing the same stuff as we are some 60-90 miles seperated....

Bill

nd5y

There must be other stations on 464.725 in the metroplex and what I was hearing is somewhere else.
I was getting a constant control channel. There was no voice or periodic data bursts or any other signals interfereing with it.

The info in my first post was from DMRDecode.

I can't hear it all the time. The only reason I found it was because there was a band opening this morning.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Tom and suspected two seperate areas and another point is the DFW and north area is covered with a large footprint MotoT via Megahertz Technology - so unknown if one of those system freqs they are using?

Later

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.