464.900 in Orange Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
When I was in Orange Beach in May 2004, I always listened during the day to 464.900 Perdido Beach Service. One night, I heard what sounded like Orange Beach PD using this repeater for car-car conversations. I didn’t have a PL capable scanner with me at the time. Again, this was two years ago and I don’t know the current status of the 464.900 repeater.

RevGary

Senior Tropical Storm Analyst, TSRC, in Alabama
The only repeaters with ACTIVE licenses in the area from the ULS FCC database are for COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING SERVICES in Pensacola and UOP LLC in Chickasaw over in Mobile County. If Perdido Beach Services is still on, they may be leasing repeater space. Sounds like Communications Engineering has one just across the line in Florida. Do research on KNNN428 in the FCC ULS database for additional info. It is licensed in the IK radio service which can be a Commercial (lease) format.

I'ts been YEARS ago but a hotel I stayed at in Gulf Shores used that frequency for
security & other operations. The signal carried all the way to Mobile, must have
been a high power repeater!

Status
Not open for further replies.