464.950 in Northwest Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4ZMB

Premium Subscriber
I had come across this frequency in a search on my scanner. While researching I found that 464.950 is licensed (in LaFayette GA) to North Georgia Communications with a callsign of WPBV911.

I have heard traffic on this channel concerning what sounds like problems with internet service, possibly phone service, and today someone discussing the water department cutting "our lines" to the riser which sounds like this could be an alarm company.

Does anyone know is this is all one agency or is North Georgia Communications a company that leases two way radio service?

Thanks in advance for all help,
Christian KF4ZMB

KF4ZMB

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: 464.950 North Georgia Communications

I have further discovered, after a little more searching on the internet, that North Georgia Communications LLC is located in Rossville Georgia and is a "computer communication consultant". That said I was unable to find out if they use this frequency for themselves or if they lease the radios.

Christian KF4ZMB

ecps92

Couple of hints, take a look at the license and the Station Class under the Frequency Tab.

FB6 - Conventional Rental System [One Owner, Multi Tone] One Licensee
FB4 - Conventional Rental System, Multi-Tone, but each user needs to license [should license]
FB2 - Conventional Repeater, Single Tone - Single user or [for Public Safety] regional rptr sytem. One Output License and multiple licenses usually found by searching the input [again for Public Safety] as for Business licenses YMMV and when checking the FCC and strikingout the first time, go back and change the licenses from Active Search to Expired and Cancelled [many expired ones are still in-use] Hope this helps

The License is Question is an FB4, so they could be the Rptr owner, but look for others in the area with licenses.

PS - They also have licenses under
KNIT293, WNRT524 and WQGZ272 [Seached by the FCC FRN]

I have further discovered, after a little more searching on the internet, that North Georgia Communications LLC is located in Rossville Georgia and is a "computer communication consultant". That said I was unable to find out if they use this frequency for themselves or if they lease the radios.

Christian KF4ZMB

Status
Not open for further replies.