467.240 VSL/West Island - Telemetry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing what seems to be a data/telemetry signal on this freq 467.240 MHz that has 4 bursts every 15 seconds.. Cannot locate any info that identifies it with Industry Canada or even the FCC databases for NY/VT - in case it was a transmitter close to the border. I'm in VSL.

Did a quick drive around with the portable radio and it was present, but stronger towards the NW area. Anyone else in the area hearing this?

mciupa

Database Admin
I don't live in your province but is it possible it can be coming a hospital in Ville St-Laurent? That is the first thought when you mention telemetry.

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
Interesting development, the signal strength has dropped and the bursts are down to two from four. I did a drive around the area and localized it to the north eastern section of VSL. Going to get a recording this evening.

Pr0ph3t

Here's a sample from this afternoon, you may need to increase the volume a little bit.

467.240 MHz FM

Hey how's it going ?

I wonder if this has anything to do with this transmission I keep asking about, I finally managed to record it (attached) listen to the end of the transmission

EDIT: WHoops here's the freq.. 157.740 (port)

Attachments

• trans.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

CYUL

Premium Subscriber

ecps92

For the US that would be
467.2375 or 467.2500

Any nearby Construction sites ?
We [down in the states] have found these for GPS Telemetry at construction sites [P.I.T.A. - when they are also using possible repeater inputs]

I'm hearing what seems to be a data/telemetry signal on this freq 467.240 MHz that has 4 bursts every 15 seconds.. Cannot locate any info that identifies it with Industry Canada or even the FCC databases for NY/VT - in case it was a transmitter close to the border. I'm in VSL.

Did a quick drive around with the portable radio and it was present, but stronger towards the NW area. Anyone else in the area hearing this?

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
For the US that would be
467.2375 or 467.2500

Any nearby Construction sites ?
We [down in the states] have found these for GPS Telemetry at construction sites [P.I.T.A. - when they are also using possible repeater inputs]

Thanks! I had the same thought. I did a quick survey of the area in Nov. when the signal was at its strongest. There area where it seemed to be stronger did not have any active construction sites from what I recall - which is odd since there is construction everywhere in this city :).

Do you have any samples from your neck of the woods?

ecps92

Thanks! I had the same thought. I did a quick survey of the area in Nov. when the signal was at its strongest. There area where it seemed to be stronger did not have any active construction sites from what I recall - which is odd since there is construction everywhere in this city :).

Do you have any samples from your neck of the woods?

Sadly no audio recorded. I can't find the web page that [was awesome] had many various flavors of audio we might encounter and
those GPS units were on it. [years ago]

Many of them you may not find in the FCC by a local search [that would be the Licensee] as many are licensed "Nationwide"
and your culprit maybe from outside of your search area [FCC]

The devices are hard to track down, unless you have a lot of free time :)

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
Sadly no audio recorded. I can't find the web page that [was awesome] had many various flavors of audio we might encounter and
those GPS units were on it [years ago]

Many of them you may not find in the FCC by a local search [that would be the Licensee] as many are licensed "Nationwide"
and your culprit maybe from outside of your search area [FCC]

The devices are hard to track down, unless you have a lot of free time :)

Are you talking about Signal Wiki?

Search database - Signal Identification Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.