467.5875 is listed as Cranford First Aid Tac??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I just noticed a possible mistake in the rr db. This frequency is FRS Ch 9. So I am confused why the RR DB lists it as Cranford First Aid Tac? There is no license in the fcc db for this frequency either.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why is your first instinct to assume that it's a mistake in the database, versus the possibility (probability) that they are indeed using the frequency for that purpose?

It's likely that someone either has direct knowledge of this, or monitored directly. The fact that a PL is listed is usually a pretty good indication that someone personally verified the usage.

It's dangerous to make assumptions simply because things don't fit into a neat little box. People and agencies do funny stuff with radios, including a great many who operate outside of the rules, normal convention, or expected behavior. This has been going on since the dawn of two way radio.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Absolutely no mistake. It's never been licensed. It's used as Tac for training and discrete rig to rig. Sounds like crap on FA-2's UHF CDM1250, but nevertheless it works.

And yes, RPFD Channel 2 is still used also.

Analogrules

Ok. When I see a FRS frequency used by a First Aid Squad, yes, my first instict would think it was a mistake listing. Geez, it isn't like EMS using FRS is common for goodness sake! So, how about backing off on the nasty sarcasm.

For the record, I never confirmed hearing Roselle Pk FD Ch 2, but this thread has absolutely nothing to do with that, so I am not sure why this was even brought up.

jaymatt1978

\\\\. It WASN'T a mistake, YES it's FRS, BUT if they're using it at two watts WHO CARES? I got to hand it you N2ZGE you seem to know the FCC rules................better than the FCC

Analogrules

Jaymatt, it is NOT COMMON for EMS to use FRS period!! That is all I am saying, therefore can easily have assumed it was a mistake listing. I said nothing about FCC rules, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rule against public service using FRS. I am not sure about that. I never claimed to be a "know it all", but where else does EMS use FRS? It is not common!!

GM

Premium Subscriber
About 20 years ago, Edison First Aid Squad #2 used a FRS frequency as a "on scene coordination" channel for incidents and training. It was very low power (1 watt I believe) and was used very infrequently. Technically, by FCC rules, this would have violated the output power requirement (0.5 watts is the limit with FRS frequencies). They also had a separate business license frequency to use as well for this purpose.

Analogrules

GM, that is very interesting information. It is definitely not something we see often.

jaymatt1978

Why debate it? It IS common because I have seen it done on fire and EMS radioS. I have seen public safety use them PERSONALLY As you know FRS 1-7 are SHARED with GMRS, some ambulances have GMRS GRANDFATHERED LICENSES. So why argue? Why can't you just take people words for it
Why arte CONSTANTLY arguing with everything I say?? Go off your high horse with your abusive language. Everybody is sick and tired of your constant hateful rhetoric/. When are you goling to stop harrassing me? Then when I strike back you usually hide behind FCC rules and play "the victim". I' said NOTHING incorrect. Two people backed my statement up......You're getting reported for your abusive langauge

Jaymatt, it is NOT COMMON for EMS to use FRS period!! That is all I am saying, therefore can easily have assumed it was a mistake listing. I said nothing about FCC rules, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rule against public service using FRS. I am not sure about that. I never claimed to be a "know it all", but where else does EMS use FRS? It is not common!!

Last edited:

Analogrules

Because it really isn't common for EMS to share frequencies with FRS (same frequencies kids play on with walkie talkies). I can go through the entire RR DB for NJ and will not find any other EMS using a FRS frequency. So yeah, not common.

jaymatt1978

Just answer two questions then I'll accept it. How many actual radio plans have you seen, not heard how many have you seen with your own eyes? If it's less than 10 this conversation is over and I win, you lose. You keep saying it's not common, you're wrong it's more common than you think. How many actual fire scenesa have you been on? Again if it's less than 10 this conversation is over, I win, you lose. BTW you creditability has been shot down by more people on here than I can count. If I were you I would quit while you're so far behind. You have a history of abusive langauge when people call you on the carpet.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, how about toning down the arguing.

The OP asked a question and he got an answer. If anyone has more to add to help answer the OP's question, feel free to post. If you are just going to bicker with each other, please take it elsewhere.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes, this thread has rapidly outlived its usefulness.

Take your person issues elsewhere.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.