467.9250 [ d351] - Unknown Retail User

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I've seen 467.9250 [ d351] in use at a few locations in Virginia. It's definitely a retail user, but I haven't been able to figure out which one. I'm thinking it's a common frequency/tone, possibly used around the country. That's why I'm asking about it in this forum.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Dave

Darkstar350

yes 467.925 is a very common commercial/business frequency - known as one of the "dot and star" frequencies because radio companies will sometimes mark a dot or a star on the radio to differentiate between channels when programming said radios
Sometimes pre programmed into certain Motorola or Kenwood handhelds marketed towards businesses - similar to GMRS but different frequencies
These channels are generally low power simplex so whoever is using that frequency is not far from you

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, I've already checked all the usual websites with common frequencies/tones for stores. This combo doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, so I was wondering if anyone's come across it.

Thanks,
Dave

marksmith

I am sure with that designation that it is used by a number of different retail, commercial or itinerant users. It is a simplex designation so generally low power, up to 5w, no repeater, and range probably 2-4 miles at best.

Depending on where you are, just by driving around you should be able to do a positive ID.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

wtp

down here

there are some guys cutting the grass using that freq..
oh, the kind of mower that you sit in the glass booth.
florida, lots of grass here.
might be county workers.

Station51

As noted by DarkStar350 it is widely used.
I've heard radio traffic on that freq at Best Buy, Home Depot and other big retailers. Usually with a DPL code because sometimes the stores will be within a mile of one another, but GOOD CATCH !!

BushDoctor

467.925 Target Channel #3

I've seen 467.9250 [ d351] in use at a few locations in Virginia. It's definitely a retail user, but I haven't been able to figure out which one. I'm thinking it's a common frequency/tone, possibly used around the country. That's why I'm asking about it in this forum.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Dave

Target channels are 467.750,467.775,467.925,467.900

dtscho

Database Admin
I know it's a common simplex business frequency. I was just wondering if anyone has come across this particular frequency and tone. Like I said, the combo has been seen in multiple locations.

Thanks again,
Dave

Darkstar350

This is the exact type of radio these frequencies are used in - http://manual.kenwood.com/files/B5A-1297-00.pdf
See page 26 of the manual for the list of freqs
Theres a bunch of PL/DPL tones that they can switch to as well much like a GMRS handheld so multiple agencies may even use the same frequency and tone depending if they interfere with each other or not
Pretty sure moto makes their own version those and i think you do actually need a license to use the frequencies such as 464.500 464.550 ,etc...

ecps92

I checked my notes/logs and got nothing for that combination.
Keep listening....do they mention SKU #?, that's helped me before, look em up via Google
I know it's a common simplex business frequency. I was just wondering if anyone has come across this particular frequency and tone. Like I said, the combo has been seen in multiple locations.

Thanks again,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.