467 years !! That's Not ENOUGH !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Makes sick to my stomach really does - if this is all true - what a total abuse of power.

ARAPAHO, Okla. -- An Oklahoma sheriff resigned after an investigation reveals he was running a sex-slave operation from his jail, police said.

Michael Burgess surrendered to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents and posted bond Wednesday night, hours after he resigned as Custer County sheriff amid 35 felony charges, including accusations of forcible oral sodomy, kidnapping, rape and perjury.

The 35 charges against Burgess include bribery of a public official, indecent exposure, 14 counts of rape in the second degree and rape by instrumentation.

Burgess had been sheriff in Custer County since 1994, and these accusations have the entire region talking. Residents said that if the accusations turn out to be true, it sends a bad message.

"That you can't really trust anybody no matter if they're in power because people in power abuse their power," said Kim Whiteshirt.

If convicted on all counts, Burgess could face a sentence of up to 467 years in prison. Authorities told Eyewitness News 5 that Burgess is also involved in a lawsuit over accusations of inappropriate actions.

A source in Custer County also told Eyewitness News 5 that while it's likely the county's undersheriff would take over as sheriff, details of succession would probably be ironed out on Thursday.

Eyewitness News 5 has left a message with Burgess' attorney but has not yet received a return call.

elk2370bruce

This situation says a lot for term limitatons. Seems like the politocos who have been in power longest are often the worst offenders. The greater number of times of consectutive office provides increasing access to absolute power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The undersheriff may take over? Umm, if the sheriff has been running this operation, then everybody in his employ likely would have known _something_ about it - none can be trusted. I think every damn one of them needs to be canned and replaced with a whole new department.

mike

red8

mtindor said:
The undersheriff may take over? Umm, if the sheriff has been running this operation, then everybody in his employ likely would have known _something_ about it - none can be trusted. I think every damn one of them needs to be canned and replaced with a whole new department.

mike
Hey guys, we had two sheriff's downhere in Louisiana in a small rural parish that have been in two separate situations, back to back. It's like Santa Claus; It's everywhere!!!!!!!!!
red8

RC54730

Absolute power - corrupts absolutely. I'll look forward to reading about him being sentenced.

chrismol1

Premium Subscriber
It he gets 467 years for that then might I ask what is the number in years for a Life Sentence?

mancow

Database Admin
What a sick F****

Crazy... can't imagine nobody else knew that was happening....surely there's more to the story and someon slipped through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.