Sad to announce the passing of cmdrwill Wil Martin

prcguy

I don't have a lot of details but his memorial services are today 10:30am at Riverside National Cemetery in So Cal with military honors. Wil was very active on RR in the past and was a very knowledgeable So Cal radio guy. I've never met Wil in person but had many conversations on RR and on local repeaters in our area. He will be sadly missed. RIP @cmdrwill.

Last edited by a moderator:

a417

Wil was incredibly helpful to me, on many projects back during Batlabs' heyday, and then brought his knowledge here. I was another of the masses who never met him in person, but that doesn't diminish the community loss that I feel - nor the condolences I feel for his friends and family.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
His input and contributions will be missed. My condolences to his family & friends. May they find peace in this time of immense loss.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Sweet Dreams "Uncle" Wil Martin. He was a cranky old coot in his late years but loads of fun and always willing to share knowledge. Really was beloved by many in the SoCal radio community.

N4KVE

Sad to hear. He [Echo Communications] fixed a few Spectra’s with the “leaky caps” syndrome, & rebuilt a Motorola RIB for me. He really knew his stuff. RIP Will.