471.2375 NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Query. This was a NYCDOT frequency using PL 151.4, now I am hearing it in Suffolk faintly with PL 167.9 appears to be NYPD, perhaps Traffic Control? Can't receive it strong enough to hear transmissions clearly. Don't see it listed any where. DId I miss it? or is it a new usage?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Where in Suff are you? I am just barely picking it up in E Islip. Definately sounds like NYPD

warren

Thanks for the response, I assumed it was Traffic. I'm in Huntington 342 feet above sea level

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing it in Orange county .

Submit it to the database.

Last edited:

KC2zZe

There's been quite a bit of unusual NYCPD activity on NYCDoT frequencies of late. The NYCPD Parking Enforcement District's Bronx channel (453.2500R, 151.4) has been getting simulcast over DoT's F8 "Channel 3A" (453.8250R, 151.4) and F9 "Channel 3B" (453.9500R, 151.4) channels as recently as yesterday.

May I suggest also keeping an eye on 482.9625 (107.2, although with the CTCSS changes noted above regarding DoT's F7 "Executive", perhaps tone search would be advisable), DoT's Task Force 1 channel to see if the NYCPD is co-opting that frequency too.

Lastly, DoT's talkgroup 2672 on the Citywide Radio Network is used by Highway Inspections and Quality Assurance (HIQA), https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/international/downloads/pdf/DOT UN Presentation.pdf not Queens Arteries; Queens isn't that special to need their own talkgroup.

Last edited:

warren

I have monitored 482.9625 recently and it has traffic on it which appears to be part of the DOITT UHF trunk. This frequency is licensed to the City of NY under WQHX-483 which is part of a large block of frequencies assigned for Public Safety trunking. Either this is just the scanner receiving transmissions on the system which are close to 482.9625 or a frequency or frequencies have been added to the DOITT UHF trunking system.

D

DaveNF2G

It seems possible that NYC is preparing to vacate the "standard" UHF frequency allocations in favor of the special "major metro" allocations. The simulcasts could be in preparation for such a move. This would free up some more spectrum for areas outside NYC that are too close for re-use coordination.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
It seems possible that NYC is preparing to vacate the "standard" UHF frequency allocations in favor of the special "major metro" allocations. The simulcasts could be in preparation for such a move. This would free up some more spectrum for areas outside NYC that are too close for re-use coordination.

Can you give a reference re "Major Metro" allocations? The Tech band?

W

D

DaveNF2G

T-band and the VHF TV channels that are allocated for very large cities. Ref. Part 90.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Have anything to back this up, or is this just speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.