: 49 mghz and FM BROADCAST BAND freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushphan

Premium Subscriber
Howdy,

I want to program my 396xt with 49 megahertz frequencies and the FM Broadcast band using FREESCAN.
When I attempt any type of CONVENTIONAL DOWNLOAD IN FREESCAN I cannot find these portions of the spectrum. Is there any way This can be done in FREESCAN.?

Thanks in advance!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
More specifics needed - what 49 Mhz freqs? The old cordless phone stuff, or what?

As for FM broadcast - we don't keep those frequencies here. Mike

captclint

Mentor
Howdy,

I want to use FREESCAN AND THE RADIO REFERENCE SITE TO PROGRAM MY 396xt with the FM
BROADCAST AND 49 Megahertz portion of the Spectrum, but find it nowhere in any CON
VENTIONAL DOWNLOAD WHILE IN FREESCAN!

Thanks in advance!
The downloads are about identified and confirmed Public Safety, Business, Aircraft, and other confirmed 2 way radio frequencies, so you won't find FM Broadcast. You can enter known local stations manually, making sure you change the mode to NFB, It would be easier to set up a search of the 49Mhz

KB7MIB

There are very few cordless phones left on those frequencies. I haven't caught any in many years. Most have gone to 902-928 MHz and higher. There's some analog FM at 902 MHz, but most are unmonitorable by scanners available to the general public now.
I have a pair of 5-channel 49 MHz handhelds from Radio Shack, and I have those frequencies programmed into a PRO-43 handheld scanner, along with MURS, FRS/GMRS, and the Amateur simplex calling channels that the PRO-43 covers. Once in awhile I'll hear a baby monitor in use, but it doesn't last more than a few hundred yards as I drive by. And it's typically just an "open mic" with very little recognizable background noise.
It is illegal to monitor cordless phones, whether in the 40-50 MHz range, or in the 902-928 MHz range. I'm honestly not sure about the baby/room monitors.
While doing service searches of the 902-928 MHz Ham band, I have in recent years run across cordless phones (and a baby monitor IIRC) from a neighbor or two in that range, although even that stopped in the past year or two.
So, yes, it is possible to listen to the few analog FM ones that are left if you can find them, but you'd be in violation of federal law doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.