5/15/19 - EZ Scan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Happy Whistler Wednesday peeps!

There is an update to the EZ Scan for TRX-1, TRX-2, WS1080/88 and WS1095/98.

Here are the change notes:

The following changes have been applied to the Whistler EZ Scan PC apps
  • Added object search function to Scanlist, Conventional, Trunked - Talkgroups, and Trunked - Radio ID Screens.
  • Added the following SAME Event codes to the weather event type listing:
    • EWW - Extreme Wind Warning
    • SQW - Snow Squall Warning
    • SSA - Storm Surge Watch
    • SSW - Storm Surge Warning
  • Added the following columns to the Scanlist, Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID screens:
    • Backlight
    • LEDMode
    • LED Colors
  • Added the following fields to the Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID CSV import processes:
    • Backlight - Possible values: On, Off, or Flash.
    • LEDMode - Possible values: On, Off, or Flash.
    • LEDPattern - 8 hexadecimal character bitmapped flash pattern.
    • LEDColor1 - First color
    • LEDColor2 - Second color
    • LEDColor3 - Third color
    • LEDColor4 - Fourth color
    • LEDLatch - LED will remain illuminated after the transmission ends
    • OnTime - How long the LED and Backlight will remain on in Flash mode based on the LEDPattern setting.
    • OffTime - How long the LED and Backlight will remain off in Flash mode based on the LEDPattern setting.
  • Added right click menu to the Conventional, Scanlist, Talkgroup, and Radio ID tabs with options to center or left justify all or selected object alpha tags or to convert those alpha tags to all UPPER CASE.
  • Pressing the Esc key will now deselect all objects in the current listing
  • Fixed a bug when using the Shift-UpArrow and Shift-DownArrow key combinations where objects were not being properly selected or deselected
  • If a single object is selected, the up and down arrows will move the selection up or down one line.
  • Updated help file to include information about new import fields.

roger51

Happy Whistler Wednesday peeps!

There is an update to the EZ Scan for TRX-1, TRX-2, WS1080/88 and WS1095/98.

Here are the change notes:

The following changes have been applied to the Whistler EZ Scan PC apps
  • Added object search function to Scanlist, Conventional, Trunked - Talkgroups, and Trunked - Radio ID Screens.
  • Added the following SAME Event codes to the weather event type listing:
    • EWW - Extreme Wind Warning
    • SQW - Snow Squall Warning
    • SSA - Storm Surge Watch
    • SSW - Storm Surge Warning
  • Added the following columns to the Scanlist, Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID screens:
    • Backlight
    • LEDMode
    • LED Colors
  • Added the following fields to the Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID CSV import processes:
    • LEDMode - Possible values: On, Off, or Flash.
    • LEDPattern - 8 hexadecimal character bitmapped flash pattern.
    • LEDColor1 - First color
    • LEDColor2 - Second color
    • LEDColor3 - Third color
    • LEDColor4 - Fourth color
    • LEDLatch - LED will remain illuminated after the transmission ends
    • OnTime - How long the LED and Backlight will remain on in Flash mode based on the LEDPattern setting.
    • OffTime - How long the LED and Backlight will remain off in Flash mode based on the LEDPattern setting.
  • Added right click menu to the Conventional, Scanlist, Talkgroup, and Radio ID tabs with options to center or left justify all or selected object alpha tags or to convert those alpha tags to all UPPER CASE.
  • Pressing the Esc key will now deselect all objects in the current listing
  • Fixed a bug when using the Shift-UpArrow and Shift-DownArrow key combinations where objects were not being properly selected or deselected
  • If a single object is selected, the up and down arrows will move the selection up or down one line.
  • Updated help file to include information about new import fields.
Thanks Wendy,Wish a new product in the HAM market.Best Regard

dem1

According to the EZ Scan help file, the options available for this item are:
Leave - The Backlight will follow the global backlight settings.​
On - Backlight will be on solid for the duration of the transmission​
Off - Backlight will be off duration of the transmission.​

While within EZ Scan, the actual options available are:
Leave​
On​
Flash​
So there are discrepancies between the release notes, the EZ Scan help file, and EZ Scan itself. Wendy, can you confirm whether the the available import options are in fact Leave, On, and Flash, in accord with what is available in EZ Scan?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
They mix the operation of the backlight with the operation of the alert LED. Leave refers to the backlight whereas On, Off, Flash refer to the alert LED. Hopefully it is the LED functionality that has been fixed.

Thanks for the update Wendy.
In my opinion the TRX-1 is still the best portable scanner for monitoring DMR/NXDN (in Europe)
One thing i do miss now is the possibility to edit/move/replace individual channels to another scanlist in the scanlist tab. It was there in the previous version (last column of the scanlist tab).
Now it can only be done in the tab conventional freq's.
Hope this can be resolved in a future update...

dem1

One thing i do miss now is the possibility to edit/move/replace individual channels to another scanlist in the scanlist tab. It was there in the previous version (last column of the scanlist tab).
That change is a huge disappointment. It removes a feature which to me was more valuable than any of the newly added ones. Had it been disclosed in the release notes I would not have installed the update.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Glad I read ScanManAmsterdam and dem1 comments before I installed the update. I'd rather not give up the ability to edit, move and replace under the Scanlist tab. Nice catch guys! Thank you!

Reactions: RRR

Fast1eddie

Just want to say I had several questions of my 1040. Spoke to a tech support fellow who not only answered my questions but several others regarding inability of ARC 500 to work. Gave me solid answers and when pressed on new scanner models, he assured me projects are being worked on and Whistler remains committed to the scanner user.

dem1

For those who are curious, the attached screenshots show the differences on the Scanlists tab and Conventional Frequencies tab between the newly released EZ Scan version (3.27) and the prior version (3.26). Note that access to the "Rec[ord]" field has been removed from the Scanlists tab as well.

So the update is somewhat of a mixed bag, depending on one's priorities. I've reverted back to version 3.26.

ScanlistTabDisplay.jpgConventionalTabDisplay.jpg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update Wendy.
One thing i do miss now is the possibility to edit/move/replace individual channels to another scanlist in the scanlist tab.
Note that access to the "Rec[ord]" field has been removed from the Scanlists tab as well.
So the update is somewhat of a mixed bag, depending on one's priorities.

@WhistlerWendy I agree with @ScanManAmsterdam and @dem1, those are features I used on a regular basis. I definitely will miss the RECORD option. That said, still a huge fan of the TRX-1 and wish I could get a Scratch and Dent TRX-2

MichaelBhere

Updated late last night, no issues.

Seems the issue mentioned above was not intentionally deleted, and was most likely just an oversight resulting from the added new columns.
The release note said the following.

• Fixed discrepancy in the help file regarding the Backlight column import. Available options for the column are Leave, On, or Flash.
  • Fixed a bug in the Scanlists tab where the Record and Scanlist columns were not visible.

Last edited:

Ed6698

Maybe some others can try this also to verify my results. I can change the LED color on the Conventional Frequencies Tab, however if I try that on the Trunked Radio Systems tab, if I only select 1 or 2 colors it makes them black after hitting the set button. I have not really looked into this more as of yet, I have only tried this on EZScan for the WS1080.

Last edited:

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Maybe some others can try this also to verify my results. I can change the LED color on the Conventional Frequencies Tab, however if I try that on the Trunked Radio Systems tab, if I only select 1 or 2 colors it makes them black after hitting the set button.

Same issue here. Even adding four colors doesn't work. Ones preprogrammed before the upgrade seem to be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.