• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

$5.39 a Gallon Gas Spotted in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

...there is one place on the (CA) Central Coast where you can expect to pay more than $5 a gallon. The Americo gas station in the tiny coastal town of Gorda, about 40 miles south of Big Sur, is selling gasoline for $5.19 a gallon for regular, and $5.39 for premium.

Despite high prices, the local gas stop grabs customers, without any competition. And according to locals, the pain at the pump isn’t over yet… as they plan to raise the prices another 20 cents in the coming weeks.

story:
http://www.kion46.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=df1239b4-5366-4489-86eb-77e6dc9249bc

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I should move out there and build a gas station and charge .20 cheaper. I bet they wouldn't like the competition. lol

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but put things into perspective; that station in Gorda is the last place for quite some distance. They are always higher than other stations.

bpckty1

Just like gas stations on the Interstate. Go a few blocks away and the prices are usually a couple of pennies lower.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Price gouging without a doubt! There is no real justification for prices that high right now. :twisted:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
GreatLakes said:
Price gouging without a doubt! There is no real justification for prices that high right now. :twisted:
Yes there is.. it's called capitalism. :cool:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Ahmen Lindsay! As I always say, if you're going to be stupid (in other words, not plan ahead), you have to be tough (or pay a high price for gas)!

RolnCode3

The places you'll see those prices are remote locations on the coast and the interior/Sierras. My buddy was in Yosemite and it was like 4.50 or so.

The cost of getting the fuel there is very high, and there's no competition/alternatives. Take it or leave it.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Monopoly,
I've got half the cash there used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Monopoly came suddenly.

Why it
Had to go I don't know,
they wouldn't say.
I said,
Some thing's wrong,
now I long for yesterday.

RogerH11

IMO, they'll be a time soon to come where you wish you'd be able to buy gas for $5.39 per gallon. That's if we don't have a depression first which is very possible. If they blow out the dollar it can be replaced with the Amero which would be a regional currency to go along with NAFTA countries which would make up one region of a world government.

Status
Not open for further replies.