5-6 months in Rural NV

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
This year I decided to take a wildland fire job outside of my normal area, ended up getting a good offer from a center in northern Nevada.

Unlike previous years where I rented locally, this year I had the option to get goverment provided housing at a really inexpensive rent. This also meant that unlike previous summers where I would have enough room for a desk with a scanner, rack charger for 2 or 3 radios + batteries and a low power base, I would be "roughing it" in a man camp sharing a 1 br trailer with another employee.

So this summer, my "shack" setup is simple:

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,303

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Primary radio is the XTS5000 VHF that stays with me, goes into my POV XTVA when im driving to and from work. It primarily monitors the local agency repeater and has QCII tones for the agency.

Secondary radio is an XTS2500 that is programmed identically to the agency radio, but has one additional zone with local city/county frequencies, with TX inhibited on that zone. It sits on fire dispatch, but also has two scan groups. One is Fire and EMS dispatch with tac channels, the other is the same + PD/SO dispatch.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
needless to say whatever order i had didnt last...

Also, the XTS2500 got demoted to pager and is sitting next to my bed.

And in taking this picture, i found something i was looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 556
Status
Not open for further replies.