5 ghz and above antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have plans for a simple 5ghz/above antenna that can be made without a lot of trouble? Have n' t seen to many as of yet? Would an outdoor wifi 5ghz antenna work? Thanks for any replys.

prcguy

Unless you have appropriate test equipment you can probably buy a better antenna than you can make. Check out this guys Log Periodic antennas, this model covers 2 to 11GHz and its $6 US. 2 11 GHz PCB Log Periodic Antenna | eBay

You cant make or test one that cheap. It would need a feedline, preferably .085 hardline or lower frequency versions of his antennas have holes for soldering on an SMA PC board connector. I've used these antennas for several years and they are very good if the freq range, gain and pattern suit your needs.
prcguy

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
There is a program I like card yagimax for designing directional yagi-uda beams. It hasn't seen an update in over 20 years…it may run in a command prompt window.

I think it is the easiest design program to use though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k9rzz

^^ What service above 5 Ghz are you interested in? They all have specific antennas that you could get. There's nothing up there really to find by 'tuning around'.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Checked out the prcguy's example on eBay. Worth more to ship to me then the antenna price. I think an envelope and stamp would work better for me. $15.50 US to ship a couple of gram weight piece...I want what he's smoking...

n5ims

Checked out the prcguy's example on eBay. Worth more to ship to me then the antenna price. I think an envelope and stamp would work better for me. $15.50 US to ship a couple of gram weight piece...I want what he's smoking...

Then simply cut out the middle man (and eBay) and order direct. Printed Circuit Board Antennas| Commercial and Hobby Antennas

Prices

Item Price
Printed Circuit Board Antenna
900-930 MHz 3 Element Yagi Antenna $7
1250-1300 MHz 3 Element Yagi Antenna $6
2400 -2450 MHz Yagi Antenna $6
400-1000 MHz Log Periodic Antenna $28
850-6500 MHz Log Periodic Antenna $18
900-2600 MHz Log Periodic Antenna $12
2-11 GHz Log Periodic Antenna $7
900 MHz Wheel Antenna $12
1290 MHz Wheel Antenna $10
2400 MHz Wheel Antenna $6
2400 MHz Quad Patch Array Antenna $10
5800 MHz 2 Patch Array Antenna $4
5800 MHz 4 Patch Array Antenna $6
9 - 25 GHz Vivaldi Antenna $5
5 - 18 GHz Vivaldi Antenna $6

Prices Include First Class Domestic Shipping & Handling.
Contact for High Volume and International Requests.

There may be some additional charges to ship to Canada (most likely import/export duty fees instead of actual postage) but shouldn't be all that much on a $7 item. I would expect you'll need to pay in US funds as well or have additional currency exchange fees added. International purchases are never easy.

Last edited:

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Thanks n5ims for that info. I did come across that web site at one time. Just emailed to see what shipping to Canada is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.