500 not stopping on frequency..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I am scanning my local PD on analog on my PSR 500, It will not stop on this frequency while scanning, If it's put on there manually it will work but not in scan, Is there a way to fix this, It stops on all other frequencies..

JoeyC

Well, without knowing your specific programming for the frequency (tone info, etc) there is no way to tell.

btritch

Sorry, Got in a hurry and forgot, I knew that..

It's 151.040
Local PD
PL 88.5
FM

Never had a problem before but it could be the ctcss tone..​

Ok, It's always worked well with the CTCSS and DCS tones set..Tonight it's not stopping on the frequency if they're saved, If you leave them in search mode they'll work fine, but saving them will not work, Does anyone have any idea why? I've never had this problem happen before...My 97 stops on them everytime, It's working fine with the ctcss codes...so why won't the 500? Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
All objects scanned must be assigned to a ScanList. The scanner has 20 list available plus FAV and Sky.
Your Quote
It will not stop on this frequency while scanning, If it's put on there manually it will work but not in scan, Is there a way to fix this, It stops on all other frequencies..
To which list did you assign this frequency? When you find out, press that number an it WILL be scanned. Remember, Scanlist 11 through 20 require pressing FUNC prior to number for toggling.

btritch

Oh yes, It's in 4, The only one open, It won't stop on them if the ctcss tone is programmed in unless you click on them manually...It will however if you turn ctcss off or put it in search mode (But I get all the other far off noise) and my pro 97 stops on them everytime with ctcss enabled, What about resetting it?

btritch

attenuator is off..It's doing this on all of the channels that have ctcss/dcs enabled and the global attenuator is also off, Should I try reprogramming or resetting?

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Oh yes, It's in 4, The only one open, It won't stop on them if the ctcss tone is programmed in unless you click on them manually...It will however if you turn ctcss off or put it in search mode (But I get all the other far off noise) and my pro 97 stops on them everytime with ctcss enabled, What about resetting it?
Brian, I can't duplicate the problem, if you have software, try download from scanner and review CONV objects.

btritch

Ok, I went into my software and just re checked everything and reloaded the memory with what I had on file before it started acting up, IF it keeps up, What's the best solution, Reset to factory default and start over again, If so, How do you do that, i used to know but somewhat forgot..

note: that did not help one bit, Guess I'll either reformat or contact GRE..

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
How to completely erase or clear Memory. (Factory Default)
1. Power up the Scanner.
2. Instantly Press "0' Softkey
3. Press "1" Softkey to clear the Memory on your Scanner
4. Press "ENT" Softkey to Approve the memory erase.

btritch

alrighty, So, I did as you stated, Cleared the main memory and reset to default, no good, I had to reset like you stated to default, Clear all the V folders out as well, Then reload the folders and the main memory with the original copy I put in the first time..I'm checking now to see if it worked, I noticed it stopped on one with the tone set..

Nope, That didn't help either, I have contacted GRE to see what they say about it! Thanks for all you guys help!!! I appreciate it!

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
PSR 500 not stopping w/ NAC stored

Well, I'm now having a similiar problem with my PSR 500 not stopping on a frequency with a NAC tone stored. My case is Lakewood PD here in NJ. I programmed 453.6 with the P25 Nac of 398 and it won't stop on the frequency in scan mode with the tone programmed, nor will it let any voice filter through. In the P25 search mode, I have no problem detecting the tone and it stops on the freq. letting through any voice traffic. I have reset/initialized the scanner several times, but to no avail. It has also been noted that this only occurs with some tones, and not all. If I have the DHS FPSP 417.2 Nac 293 set, it works correctly with the tone stored. Technical info for my unit includes the following: uP Appl Ver F1.1; DSP App Ver F1.1; DSP Voc Ver F1.0. I recently purchased the unit (new-original owner), and am still investigating it. Any intel./pointing me in the proper direction/etc. would be greatly appreciated.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Technical info for my unit includes the following: uP Appl Ver F1.1; DSP App Ver F1.1; DSP Voc Ver F1.0. I recently purchased the unit (new-original owner), and am still investigating it. Any intel./pointing me in the proper direction/etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Is there some reason you haven't updated to the latest firmware? (uP 1.5, DSP 1.3)
It would be a good idea to do that first.

Dave

mikey60

Well, I'm now having a similiar problem with my PSR 500 not stopping on a frequency with a NAC tone stored. My case is Lakewood PD here in NJ. I programmed 453.6 with the P25 Nac of 398 and it won't stop on the frequency in scan mode with the tone programmed, nor will it let any voice filter through. In the P25 search mode, I have no problem detecting the tone and it stops on the freq. letting through any voice traffic. I have reset/initialized the scanner several times, but to no avail. It has also been noted that this only occurs with some tones, and not all. If I have the DHS FPSP 417.2 Nac 293 set, it works correctly with the tone stored. Technical info for my unit includes the following: uP Appl Ver F1.1; DSP App Ver F1.1; DSP Voc Ver F1.0. I recently purchased the unit (new-original owner), and am still investigating it. Any intel./pointing me in the proper direction/etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Do to http://www.greamerica.com/support and download the latest CPU and DSP updates. There was an issue in early versions of the firmware (which your radio has) that caused problems receiving P25 frequencies with a NAC that started with a 3...

Mike

sopranosno1

i have had this problem recently. our county fire repeater on 154.415 and our city fire ems repeater on 158.7525. the other conventional frequencies in scan list seven does not have the problem yet. i have a older pro 2006 and a pro 26 running in a other room. i can hear dispatch talking to units but not on the psr-600. if i manual on the channel i hear both dispatch and car. i just sent a note to gre about this.

semo

i have had this problem recently. our county fire repeater on 154.415 and our city fire ems repeater on 158.7525. the other conventional frequencies in scan list seven does not have the problem yet. i have a older pro 2006 and a pro 26 running in a other room. i can hear dispatch talking to units but not on the psr-600. if i manual on the channel i hear both dispatch and car. i just sent a note to gre about this.

My PSR 500 sometimes goes deaf when I am in scan mode near an extremely strong signal. The signal meter shows full bars but the scanner wont stop scanning. I have found turning ON the attenuator for the deaf channels works to fix the problem. It sounds like the stronger signal from the base is causing the problem for you also. Turn ON the attenuator and see if that works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.