5028 origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am picking up 5028, while testing a portable setup, and cannot ID the station. There is no listing I can find, for this Spanish speaking station. (During the 2200Z time slot, on Wednesday, January 20th.)

Anyone familiar with it?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I heard Cuba mentioned, and revolution a short time later. Seems like a station for Cuba, not sure about from there. (I only know a few phrases of Spanish, and a few more words, so not much luck understanding the content.)

I was hearing some other station in the background, while using a Key West SDR. Currently using another SDR, in DR, and do not hear the interference.)

GB46

I wonder if it could be Radio Rebelde from Cuba. The listed frequency is 5025, but maybe they're off frequency, which would not be too surprising from Cuban stations. They don't show up at all at my location.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it could be Radio Rebelde from Cuba. The listed frequency is 5025, but maybe they're off frequency, which would not be too surprising from Cuban stations. They don't show up at all at my location.
I found their website,and listened to the audio feed on there, and there were some significant differences. (Hearing a male talking on one, while a female had been talking for minutes on the other, and no change in speakers for a few minutes post checking.)

Of course, there could be a difference between the programming on the two feeds.

GB46

An SDR located in Key West could probably be overloaded by Cuban stations; I believe the distance is only about 90 miles or so.

Well, a bit farther. I just looked it up; it's about 105 miles from Key West to Havana.

majoco

Stirrer
Licensed broadcast stations are on multiples of 5Khz - so 5025 or 5030 could either be Radio Rebelde, Cuba or Radio Quillamba, both on 5025 and in Spanish or Quecha from Peru. There are no listed stations on 5030.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Licensed broadcast stations are on multiples of 5Khz - so 5025 or 5030 could either be Radio Rebelde, Cuba or Radio Quillamba, both on 5025 and in Spanish or Quecha from Peru. There are no listed stations on 5030.
I checked both of those, but the signal was on 5028, which I found odd. I wonder if it was a QRM avoidance effort?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Join the google.io group "SWSKEDS" and download the updated schedules...

I second that motion - the Google group mentioned here is an invaluable tool for shortwave listening. I use the listing almost daily to search out frequencies on my R8600 - makes it so easy to find what I am looking for. I wonder how I ever did without it!

Status
Not open for further replies.