• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

51es sl connecting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

I have 3 radios. 1 is a 51 sl with v4.14 and it connects to pc config 2.10 or 2.12 just fine with cable to usb to laptop. The other 2 radios are 51es sl with v6.14 and 6.16 and im using pc config 2.18 and its seeing the port com but say communication error with connecting. What am i missing or doing wrong.

evfd1625

Check your com port speed under device manager. Should be 115200

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

hou30guy

Had to go to a desk top to use serial now i can read them, now my current problem is one of the radio is programmed how i want it from a communication shop and the other one is unprogrammed, i wanna copy from the program to the unprogrammed. Is this possible

hou30guy

Well hell that sucks for cloning lol. What about the radio that is programmed but now i wanna add 3 more channels that in the same system, can i just go in and add them

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Own the system. That is how the systems are protected from unauthorized use. Government Agencies like the one I work for controls all radio activity on the system. In the Private Sector that is how they control the users and pay for the system. I have a friend that leases space on his private trunking system on a per radio charge. Some owners charge per airtime use (the more you talk the more you pay)

hou30guy

Ouch lol, i do work for the government, city buses own by the federal government so we have a radio man for the cop cars and buses and etc, not sure if he would give me a system key but its worth a shot asking, i wonder if there is key generators out there like motorola, even rho that probably cant be discussed on here lol

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If these radios are for Government use on the Government System then have your Radio Shop Program them. I do not see the system key being just given out that puts the whole system open for trouble. Your boss would not be happy to find you have added your own personal fleet for use and took up resources on the system. Systems are designed and built for certain use adding more users or fleets may cause the system to have busy's and Emergency traffic never get dispatched. You need to go through your System Administrator to get these radios added.
If this is your System Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola then you need to go to your System Administrator 100%.
If your system is this then Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25) You need to go through the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.