53078 TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat2702

Feed Provider
I'm hearing this used about twice a month, referencing code checks and CDL checks.

Seems to be centered around I77.

The TG is NIF and through searching not getting much info.

Anyone have anything on this?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'm hearing this used about twice a month, referencing code checks and CDL checks.

Seems to be centered around I77.

The TG is NIF and through searching not getting much info.

Anyone have anything on this?

Your location? What system is this on? I'm assuming MARCS but it could be one or two others.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
On MARCS, it appears that TG has some unit IDs that appear on multiple ODNR Enforcement TGs. There is lots of crossover between that and 53070, also unknown.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
TG 53070 is PUCO....

Their dispatch also takes care of handling ODNR traffic on the ODNR channels, so that is the reason you are seeing these units mixed in...

I hear a similar situation here in Southwest Ohio with TG 53086... These PUCO units are doing work in the Montgomery/Butler/Warren County region, so, I have informally been calling TG 53086 a PUCO - SW....

Depending on your location; sounds like you may have a similar thing going on....

tomcat2702

Feed Provider
Hi Yes, I am in Mercer co and running mercer, Darke, and Auglaize county control towers. I do see ODNR Central and Southwest frequently coming through encrypted for the most part.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I've had MARCS up continuously in the Cleveland area for about a week and TG 53078 doesn't show up as group on the Cuyahoga Simulcast. Looking at RRDB it may be a new group in either taxation of juvenile corrections. They seem to run the groups close to existing numbers.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This morning I am hearing ODNR on 53070 'PUCO-HQ' off the Cincinnati City site. Just heard a unit running a license check on a vehicle stop not far from my house. I'm guessing this is occurring when Columbus has some kind of patch setup?

tomcat2702

Feed Provider
For some reason they are using PUCO units to pull over semi trucks and run CDL and other checks on the vehicles, outside of the OSP motor vehicle enforcement units. Unsure of this practice or why it is the case.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
For some reason they are using PUCO units to pull over semi trucks and run CDL and other checks on the vehicles, outside of the OSP motor vehicle enforcement units. Unsure of this practice or why it is the case.
Motor Carrier Enforcement is actually part of PUCO and not OSP. They were dispatched by OSP for quite some time until making the change to ODNR in recent years.

tomcat2702

Feed Provider
Motor Carrier Enforcement is actually part of PUCO and not OSP. They were dispatched by OSP for quite some time until making the change to ODNR in recent years.

Intersesting. On Route 33 and I75 area in Auglaize co, from OSP Piqua there are a couple units, namely the guy I hear " out on inspection " the most is still driving the OSP SUV with motor carrier enforcement on the side. but on the days I hear the PUCO traffic I've seen those trucks on US33.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This unit was at a popular recreation spot along the Ohio River so I'm guessing it wasn't a PUCO unit but not sure.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Intersesting. On Route 33 and I75 area in Auglaize co, from OSP Piqua there are a couple units, namely the guy I hear " out on inspection " the most is still driving the OSP SUV with motor carrier enforcement on the side. but on the days I hear the PUCO traffic I've seen those trucks on US33.
This would be possible. PUCO may be phasing out using the OSP vehicles and going to their own markings. I've seen both around central Ohio. I've heard PUCO call in on OSP groups too. It could have been ODNR as well. They're all law enforcement and access LEEDS for different reasons. It's possible to be on several groups depending on dispatch needs.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
This would be possible. PUCO may be phasing out using the OSP vehicles and going to their own markings. I've seen both around central Ohio. I've heard PUCO call in on OSP groups too. It could have been ODNR as well. They're all law enforcement and access LEEDS for different reasons. It's possible to be on several groups depending on dispatch needs.

For future reference, it's LEADS (Law Enforcement Automated Data System), not LEEDS; Leeds is a city in England. :D

west-pac

Public Utilities Commision of Ohio

I googled and found that, prior to asking, but thought what the heck does a utility regulatory commission have to do with OSP, ODNR, conducting traffic stops or running CDLs. 🤷‍♂️

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
They are the agency that handles motor carrier enforcement. I believe they also run the weigh stations that I have seen on I-70.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I googled and found that, prior to asking, but thought what the heck does a utility regulatory commission have to do with OSP, ODNR, conducting traffic stops or running CDLs. 🤷‍♂️

If you really want to go way back, commercial carriers were regulated like a public utility. PUCO has authority over all public utilities. Now since trucking pretty much un-regulated as to tariffs, etc they have assumed more enforcement of existing truck laws.

They used to be dispatched by OSP . For some reason they moved to ODNR dispatch. I'd guess that ODNR had excess capacity, but that is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.