536/536 Sentinel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost1144

Ha I have the same proublem, the sentinal software can,t read or write to the database and I have the latest firmware. Here is the error: Database could not be read. BCDx36HP Sentinel Instalation might be corrupted. Please reinstall BCDx36HP. Extending gz file was failure. Accsess to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Uniden|BCDx36HP_Sentinel|Database|MasterHPdp.hp1' is denied. Why wont copanies make quality software like they did in the 80's?!!!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Actually you don't have the same problem so I've moved your post to a new thread.

The other problem was caused by the Regional settings on the users computer. I don't believe that's the problem with your installation.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Ha I have the same proublem, the sentinal software can,t read or write to the database and I have the latest firmware. Here is the error: Database could not be read. BCDx36HP Sentinel Instalation might be corrupted. Please reinstall BCDx36HP. Extending gz file was failure. Accsess to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Uniden|BCDx36HP_Sentinel|Database|MasterHPdp.hp1' is denied. Why wont copanies make quality software like they did in the 80's?!!!

What operating system?

Where are you - as in actually - what are your date time settings? Anything other than the normal US date time settings don't seem to work.

Tray as Admin?

80's software was buggier than today IMHO.

gr8tff

Premium Subscriber
Database could not be read. BCDx36HP Sentinel Instalation might be corrupted. Please reinstall BCDx36HP. Extending gz file was failure. Accsess to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Uniden|BCDx36HP_Sentinel|Database| MasterHPdp.hp1' is denied

So what is the remedy for this? I just received this message when trying to update Sentinel.

Voyager

Did you actually unzip it and install it or are you trying to run it from within the gz file?

troymail

Silent Key
Database could not be read. BCDx36HP Sentinel Instalation might be corrupted. Please reinstall BCDx36HP. Extending gz file was failure. Accsess to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Uniden|BCDx36HP_Sentinel|Database| MasterHPdp.hp1' is denied

So what is the remedy for this? I just received this message when trying to update Sentinel.

When I've seen something like this on my Win7 Pro laptop, it turned out that I installed the software as Admin but when I was doing updates to the database, I was running as a regular user and denied access to the location/folder containing the database.

Perhaps try starting Sentinel as Admin and doing the update....

I eventually went in and shared the database folder with my non Admin account to get around the problem I was having.... which may not be the same problem you are having....

jeffrykeen

Premium Subscriber
Did we get an answer on how to fix this? I am getting the same error. I have re-installed sentinel to the latest version and still get the error

Status
Not open for further replies.