536 and losing abillity to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I have a FL for the new P25 Safe T system here in Indiana. Worked fine at first. Started adding AVOIDS for stuff I really didn't want to hear. I got a request to add AMR Dispatch to my feed, so I took down my 996XT and put my 536 online doing the feed. Was up about a week and I really didn't hear much or anything on Safe T. I checked all the AVOIDS and that wasn't the problem.
I reprogrammed the 996XT and put it back online as the feed and Safe T was really active. Listened on the 536 and Nothing. The only way I got SAFE T to work again on the 536 was to reprogram the FL for Safe T. This reminds me of a scanner I bought years ago when they first took the 9 volt batteries out that scanner would change programming over time and go deaf.

Note: just clearing user data and reloading the programming didn't work. So either something changed in the SAFE T system after the P25 switch or the scanner is changing programming.:mad:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
99% chance it is a programming error, or an issue with the SD card going bad.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
99% chance it is a programming error, or an issue with the SD card going bad.

It worked fine for a long time. Then just gradually stopped reception on that one list the others worked fine. Had to be that scanner line as the 996XT worked fine without reprogramming it. So a change in the SAFE T system itself can be ruled out.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
is it a status bit issue?

I don't really know what the issue is. It started by noticing no AMR traffic on the SAFE T system. I asked Jeff at the Ham Station if they still used that TG. After that I realized I wasn't getting anything on the P25 Safe T system. It showed the towers and the signal strength but no traffic. My Feed 996XT was getting State traffic just fine.

I tried just reloading the programming from Sentinel but that still didn't work. So, I deleted the P25 Safe T system in Sentinel and redid the whole FL and then it started working. Of course there was uploading to scanner and all the other steps in there too.

Come to think of it I should have tried my other 536HP to see if it did the same. Didn't think of it at the time.

Note: The feed scanner had the AMR TG locked out so I didn't noticed if there was AMR traffic, it is now unlocked by request.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If the 536 is programmed similar to the 996 with respect to control channel frequencies, Talkgroup IDs and what is avoided/locked out, I'd be suspicious of Service Types or perhaps location issues.

Service Type is something not used in 996 but is for the 536. If you do not have the correct Service Types on for the 536, it won't "hear" things where the 996 does.

Also if you use Location Control for the 536, and you manually create a Department (group), the default value is 0/0. With the 996, a 0/0 location, it is always on. However with 0/0 being a "real" location, which you are not close to, the department will be turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.